Server package build failing

Slap

I have recently tried to build a full package build in the PROD environment for the first time in 4 months ona B7332, NT4.0 system. The client side builds successfully, however it errors on objects of which some include, CALLBSFN, CDIST, CHRM, CLOC, CLOG, CMFG, CMFGBASE, COPBASE, CSALES, CWARE and JDBTRG2. It also errored on or did not build subsequent business functions of which these objects were their parent DLL's.

Just prior to doing this, our procedure is to once a month refresh one of our PY environments (we have made more than one) with data from our PROD environment and build a full package off of that for the PY. Of course, we get the same server build failure for this PY environment as the PROD environment.

JDE does not have much advice. They originally asked me to just try an update package using some of the BSFN's that failed which I did and was successful, but they still can't determine the problem. The next piece of advice is to reboot the servers and rebuild the packages, but this is not a real efficient troubleshooting method because I have to wait until everybody is off the server to reboot, then wait about 15 hours for it to build.

If anyone has encountered something like this before, I would appreciate any help.

What is your configuration, please?

Also, there is a known issue with package build running on a Windows 2000 workstation, with a Windows NT deployment server. There is a limit to how many files can be open, and some of the include header files do not get transferred during the server package build, causing build errors like you are seeing.

Does this situation apply to you?

The configuration is that we have 1 deployment server, two enterprise servers (1 development and 1 production) and two terminal servers all of which run on NT 4.0. Our version of JDEdwards is B7332 and our db is Oracle. We are on Service pack 18.1. If there is anything else I forgot, don't hesitate to ask.

Hello, Slap,
You haven't given much information still. You didn't tell us what the
messages you had in you log files, including you Package directory on the
server. You should check text and CompileLogs directories there. Once I had
an error like yours, as I found out it was caused by expired C license ;-).

Regards, Alex Shevchenko

B7332 SP17, Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris production
XE SP18 Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris test

Re: RE: Server package build failing

In terms of the logs that I encountered, the jde.log specified that very many of the business functions were not checked in, although the business functions that it was referring to do not apply to the environment.

The compile logs look like this:

nd3n1114.c
Compiling with IAMASERVER defined.
e:\jdedwardsoneworld\ddp\B7332\packages\PROD0807F\include\b3100770.h(153) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'xt4111z1.h': No such file or directory

with the most common include file being b4800210.h and others being b1700080.h, b3100790.h, x4181.h. There may have been more, but these kept recurring.

The logs under the 'text' directory do not help me much, namely because I am not familiar with them. I did not notice anything different while comparing the .txt files and the status files (.sts) just told me what did not compile under each parent dll.

Let me know what other logs I can look at that might be helpful to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
Slap

Hello, Slap,
I don't like this path -
e:\jdedwardsoneworld\ddp\B7332\packages\PROD0807F\include\
Do you have E: drive on your enterprise server or is it the mapping? If it
is it can be the problem. We have addresses like
\\ENT_SERVER\B7333\etc - it is more precise. Every server will understand
the correct location. In your case it is not clear.
Did you try to find the file with this path?

Alex.

Re: RE: Server package build failing

Alex,

Yes, we do have E drives on our enterprise servers. All of our JDE is on the E drives. I did find the include directory under e:\jdedwardsoneworld\ddp\B7332\packages\PROD0807F\include\ for this particular package but did not notice those files. Comparing it to the last full build we did, those files were there. Any suggestions or thoughts as to where they are missing from the newer package?

Slap

Hello, Slap,
If you don't see the files it might mean that the objects were deleted. Do
you see them in Object Librarian? Did you apply any ESU's recently? Or did
somebody played with OL? Do you have an idea what caused the problem?
You have several options:
1. Transfer missed objects to Prod from other environment (i.e. - Pristine).
You should check if the object were affected by ESU you applied.
2. You can apply ESUs, which will lay down new versions of missed/corrupted
BSFNs.
3. You can restore a good backup of central objects and the deployment
server.

It is better to consult with JDE help desk. All ways are tricky.

Regards, Alex.

Back