Sequencing does not work when batch is fired from web, but works from fat client .

vinee

Hi,

My problem is that my batch version does not sort the records when fired from web client to the server , but same batch version works fine when fired from fat client to server.

I have done version level changes, i.e. I have created new section in the version and done sequencing on that section.
Sequencing works when batch is fired from fat, but not from web .
I tried redeploying the version, but it had no effect on the outcome.

Re: Sequencing does not work when batch is fired from web, but works from fat client .

I vinee,
it's very strange; if you can try to active the log on the server (from server manager if you have this), submit the report and take a look at the log for the sql statment generated and try to find your aspected order by.

After deployng have you cleared your web cache?
If not try this too.

Regards

Bruno Condemi

Re: Sequencing does not work when batch is fired from web, but works from fat client .

You didn't post what your system configuration is, but I know we had an issue with this when we first went to 8.12 Tools 8.97.1.3 (I think it was .3). Going to Tools 8.97.2.7 resolved the issue for us.

Dave Schleicher
LOGIS
ERP 8.12 Tools 8.97.2.7
Database - MS SQL 2005 9.00.3233.00 SP 2
Platform - Intel HP Windows 2003, Enterprise Edition
Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.1

Hi,
The sequencing has been done newly created section on the version, section is based on a temporary table.

I tried redeploying all dependencies, I tried clearing the web cache, but had no outcome on the end result.

We have 2 server here Test and Live server, The issue is the on Live Server, on the Test Server sequencing works fine.

LOG Details -
Test Server : SELECT * FROM TESTDTA.F5842025 WHERE ( GMUKID = 2286.000000 ) ORDER BY GMKCO ASC,GMMCU ASC,GMLOCN ASC,GMMNTH ASC,GMALPH ASC

Live Server : SELECT * FROM PRODDTA.F5842025 WHERE ( GMUKID = 46475.000000 ) ORDER BY GMUKID ASC,GMLNID ASC

SQL on the test server is the one which is proper, and the LIVE Server picks up the default sequencing and not the overrided sequencing of the version.

System Details:

Live Server
ERP 8.12 Tools 8.97.2.2
Database - Oracle 10.2.03
Platform - Sun Sparc 10

Test Server
ERP 8.12 Tools 8.97.2.0
Database - Oracle 10.2.03
Platform - Intel HP Windows 2003, Enterprise Edition

Regards,
Vineet

Hi,
as dschleicher says it can be a TR issue; the other variable is your OS (different from TEST AND PROD). I don't know if it's possible for you but changing the TR version on your live server can be a good way to have a response for this issue.

Back