Send Simple e-mail using Send E-Mail - HRM Business Function cant work in AS400

hs3536

Hi all,

According to the successor in jdelist, they mentioned that business function Send E-Mail - HRM can be working in AS400 if sending email without attachment. I have been trying it for quite some time but still cant figure out what's the problem. It's working fine from Windows local running but AS400, not.

Below is my jde.ini setup in AS400:
[JDEMAIL]
mailProfile="MS Exchange Settings"
Rule1=90|OPT|MAILSERVER=mail.xxxx.com.my
Rule2=100|DEFAULT|[email protected]
Rule3=110|DEFAULT|[email protected]
Rule4=120|DEFAULT|[email protected]
Rule5=130|OPT|MERGELOCAL=1
Rule6=140|OPT|UPDATELOCAL=0
ClientType=Windows

and here is my business function parameter:
010 Send E-Mail - HRM
PO szEmailAddFrom_HLNK -> BF szFrom
PO szEmailAddTo_HLNK -> BF szTo
PO szEmailAddCC_HLNK -> BF szCC
VA evt_szSubject_CMDS -> BF szSubject
VA evt_szTextMessage_CMDS -> BFszMessageTextChar256

JDE version - E810

Any idea on root cause?

Thanks

I can tell you I have this working in E1, I'm running UBE's on the iseries and sending emails from the AS/400. I sent emails without attachments and with attachments. I send emails to people inside the company (like open AR PDF statements) as well as customers to inform them of there order.

Most likely your problem is not the JDE, it is most likely the mail server is not letting you send the emails on out of the iseries. from the iseries can you ping the mail server? I checked my JDE ini file on the iseries. I had a lot less setup then you would think...

[JDEMAIL]
Rule1=90|OPT|MAILSERVER=MAIL SERVER NAME
Rule2=100|DEFAULT|[email protected]
Rule3=110|DEFAULT|[email protected]
Rule4=120|DEFAULT|[email protected]
Rule5=130|OPT|MERGELOCAL=1
Rule6=140|OPT|UPDATELOCAL=0
ClientType=Windows

I'm not a network admin but I had to work with our network admin to get this working because he had to open up a few things for me. I cannot remember exactly what he did but check the following.

Check that the firewall allows the iseries to talk to the mail server.
Check that the mail server allows the iseries IP Address to talk to it and send mail from it.
Make sure the SMTP distribution queue is up and running in order to get the messages out of the iseries.

Rob

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your reply. I am not that good to check the AS400 configuration but will seek help from other team.

Another weird thing is I cant see any error in jdedebug.log. The only line that I suspected relevant to my case is as below:

COB0000012 - GetProcAddress failed CFND function SendEMailHRM Error = 0

However, according to Technical explanation in SendEmailHRM, Error=0 meaning no error.

So, I think whatever you told is quite true whereby the problem is caused by AS400 itself.

Will give it a try and update again.

Thanks and have a good day!

Hi all,

The problem has been solved. We added the mail server IP in AS400 then the problem gone.
The root cause is the AS400 cant recognise our mailserver set under jde.ini

Thanks for helps

Sending Email from AS400 (to external customers)

Hi,

I tried the same in E810 (AS400) but not successful while sending email to external customers and it does when sending internal users. We have added Mail Server in As400 Host File, is anything I missed?

Thanks in Advance.

Back