E8.1 Send Message Extended using "PSFT System" <[email protected]> email

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
We are using workflow to send monthly payment information to employees. The workflow could not send email to some employees, and I am unable to work over it. As an alternative I have used the same function used in workflow (which is Send Message Extended ) to send the email directly from the report.

Now, everything works as expected.
But when I run the code from workflow, it usually sends mail from [email protected]. When I execute the same function from the report directly, the from address is the email address of the user who logged into the system, which we don't suggest.

So how can I run the function from report with from address is set to [email protected]. One way is to delete email address of the logged in user ( but it is not good always).

The Workflow kernel gets its "from address" from the JDE.INI. As you have discovered that system function fetches the email address of the user when run from a UBE.

I suggest you have a look at existing email business functions such as the HR Mail Merge function where you can specify a sender or alternatively create your own email BSFN that uses the underlying JDE_SendEmailSMTPExt API call. This allows you to specify all sorts of things including the sender.

See this support document:

E1: BSFN: Documentation on JDE_SendEMailSMTPExt API (Doc ID 652119.1)​

Back