E9.2 Send Data Request rows excel or PDf within message

EggyPaw

Hello ,

Is there any way I could send the data I'm returnin from a data request in any format and send it within a message .
It's going to be a long list so replacing values in messages and iretate over will send endless emails

Thanks

What Tools Release are you on? You may have more options depending on which release you are on.

One way to accomplish what you are after is to call the Data Request, Pass the results of the Data Request into a Custom Groovy Request that transforms your data into a CSV list, and then pass the result of the Custom Groovy Request into a Message Request that emails them.

What Tools Release are you on? You may have more options depending on which release you are on.

One way to accomplish what you are after is to call the Data Request, Pass the results of the Data Request into a Custom Groovy Request that transforms your data into a CSV list, and then pass the result of the Custom Groovy Request into a Message Request that emails them.
Thanks for the reply , sorry for being late to get back to you .. i was out on sick leave

I am on
t.gif
9.2.4.6 for JAS server and 9.2.4.4 for entreprise server

I managed to write the groovy script and now struggling to figure out the one that sends the csv being built :p

You should be able to pass the result of the Groovy Script into a Message component to send VIA an email. I've attached a screenshot of what it would look like.

Attachments

• image_2022-02-03_111253.png
    image_2022-02-03_111253.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 118
You should be able to pass the result of the Groovy Script into a Message component to send VIA an email. I've attached a screenshot of what it would look like.
Hey Lyle , Thanks a lot for your help man really really appreciate it ! :D

Last edited:
Are you using the script supplied by Oracle ?
1643915366758.png

Because I'm receiving a blank email without any attachement , or if i change outputs i get the text

I haven't had to create an Orchestration that creates a CSV file yet, so I'm not using that script. The image I used before was a mock up.

The script looks like it is creating a file on the AIS server, have you verified the CSV file is created? Then you may be able to add it as an attachment to the Message.

Hey Lyle,
How does the CSV file gets generated and attached as attachment in the screenshot in your steps?
I am using the Oracle script to generate the CSV file on the AIS server. It gives back the path of the file. I am stuck as to how to retrieve the file generated on the AIS server using the Message SREQ. In the attachment section of message, I am providing the complete server file path but looks like the attachment section is to retreive JDE submitted job by job#.

1661450731878.png

Hey Lyle,
How does the CSV file gets generated and attached as attachment in the screenshot in your steps?
I am using the Oracle script to generate the CSV file on the AIS server. It gives back the path of the file. I am stuck as to how to retrieve the file generated on the AIS server using the Message SREQ. In the attachment section of message, I am providing the complete server file path but looks like the attachment section is to retreive JDE submitted job by job#.

View attachment 19385
Hey Anand,

Can you please attach the script which you have used for the process or is it possible to provide the link for oracle script page ? Thanks in advance :)

Back