Segregating Media OBjects by environment

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
All,

I would like to store media object by path code/Environment. Media object table(F00165) is part of Business data. I am thinking of moving it to central object so it does not get refreshed during the environment refresh. Has any one done this and are their any caveat with this.
How about the actual attachments, which is stored centrally in one location for all the environment. Do you keep them in one central location or are you somehow managing to segregate it by environment/path code. How are other managing media objects.

Thanks
Jaise

You can create additional copies of the F98MOQUE table that holds the paths to the attachments for each environment in different and use OCM mappings to find them. I have three copies: the original one in SY900, one in PD900 for an archive environment that uses PD objects, and one in DV900 for DV.

Thanks for your reply. Do you have a copy of F98MOque in Central object and F001165 in Business object. DO you take care of F00165 during environment refreshes...

We keep F00165 in business data and don't overwrite it during environment refreshes (our scripts for the move in Oracle leave it out), but you should be able to move it to central objects if that makes things easier.

Hello Scotti. If you are not bringing the F00165 table from Business Data - PROD then, in the refreshed environment, what happens to the attachments to the data (orders, AB's,... ) that is copied down?

--John
US Silica 9.1, 9.1.5.2, Linux 5/6 ODA, Oracle 12c

Back