Seeking to have JDE enhance Job & Pay Grade tables

ohiogal

We need to have the ability to inactivate jobs and pay grades (they have become obsolete, and we don't want to delete them for history purposes, but we need to make them unavailable for use). Currently JDE does not offer this feature. To get rid of a Job code or Pay Grade from the list, it must be deleted -- which isn't a good thing either if you have history. So, I sent in an issue and was informed that there is a SAR that had been submitted to add this enhancement. The SAR was returned by development with a note that they might consider it in future.
I am asking any of you who would like to see this feature to please send in an issue via KG and ask to have your client number added to the SAR. If 10 or more get added, they will reconsider.
Thanks!
PS - Unfortunately, i am still waiting for the SAR number concerning this and will post it when I get it.

Not sure if any of you have this need, but if you do, please add your client # to the SAR requesting the enhancement.

HI,

My current client bit the bullet on this a while back and developed two custom routines: one to validate the the PDBA codes used by each employee (the custom table being regularly updated by the payroll interface) and another to maintain and use a custom table for authorisation of employees (or groups) to jobs within certain date parameters.

These routines were then added into the P051121 and P051191 applications.

You may have to wait some time for these enhancements to be standard, I fear.

Back