Seeking Best Practices for Uploading F4211 From Aerospace Supplier Portals

Terry DeMoure

Terry DeMoure

VIP Member
In the last sixty days, I have been tasked by our Marketing group with establishing some uniform and expedient processes for automating P42101 Sales Order Entry, in response to pressure from our Fortune 100 aerospace customers, to convert their order placement over to their complete self service supplier portals. If any of you have been exposed to this, it is mind boggling that each customer has developed their own unique self service supplier portal, they are all as different as night and day, and no matter how much of a fit their system is NOT to yours, to continue as one of their preferred suppliers, you are expected to make it work with your system, whatever the cost. And can you believe it; ironically, none of these major customers designed their portals to work with EnterpriseOne in mind. What were they thinking???

All kidding aside, and before we get to deep into this request for your help, please let me add a couple rules for those that respond with their experiences with this:

1. Please note that I am a seasoned functional analyst in E1 manufacturing, and even though I have been working with JDE for 10+ years, I am not a Developer so please be considerate in the language of your reply so that it will not be far above my head and I feel that it could be something we would to incorporate here, I will be able to get a good grasp of it, formulate the specifications, and task out to our Developers.

2. I do not want to be deluged with marketing presentations from Oracle JD Edwards Business Partners. Even though it may seem that I almost appear to be a rookie in #1, please do not let that fool you. I know what our IS team and user community is capable of and what they are not. If I need consulting services, I will drop the dime. I want to sincerely hear from other industrial manufacturing companies that maybe serve the aerospace industry or similar large manufacturing clientele.

We have been successful with developing some easy methods for handling the portals of some of the smaller customers for auto generating their SO type sales orders, but it gets significantly more complicated with larger customers demanding auto generation of blanket sales orders and all their order releases out into the next decade, establishing min-max levels to even do their ordering for them, and/or always accommodating their panic driven requests to ship items this week when their portal tells you that we should be ready to ship in 2015. And seeing that we could not classify ourselves as a major primary supplier, we are expected to do whatever it takes to adapt to their data configurations that were obviously designed to easily accommodate one or more of their primary suppliers and not the small guys like us.

So I would like to hear from all of you that have been saddled with dealing with large manufacturing customers and the various self service supplier portals and how you were able to develop some uniformity in how you processed their requirements from the portals into your EnterpriseOne system.

Oh by the way, we are currently on EnterpriseOne 8.11 SP 1 Tools 8.98

Back