Seeking advise on interactive application

Wong

Dear all,

Im seeking advise and guideline on developing interactive application.

I want to develop an interactive application where it works as an inquiry screen to display details information from table. I had attach my program print screen as above.

In my application, i have 3 option for user to choose. When the program execute(press Find button), it will default to Lot as shown in attachment. Note that there is an extra column at the end of the grid to display the quantity on hand in KG if the primary uom is not equal to KG.

How to know the detail filter is option 1, 2 or 3?
How to write the value after conversion to KG back to grid column?

Should my source of code create in button click event or post button click event?

Please advise.

Best Regards,
Wong

Hi Wong,

I'll make myself useful in this forum. Just some pointers...

How to know the detail filter is option 1, 2 or 3?
1. On the radio button properties, go to Value tab, then put a value Branch = 1,Location=2,Lot=3.
2. You can now manipulate using the If-else-endif.
example: If Branch=1
Show Grid Column (FC Grid,GC Branch)
Else
If Location=2
Show Grid Column (FC Grid,GC Location)
Else
Show Grid Column (FC Grid,GC Lot)
Endif

How to write the value after conversion to KG back to grid column?
1. Use B4000520 F41002 Get Item Uom Conversion to convert your quantity to KG.
2. Assign your GC Quantity On Hand (KG) with the converted quantity from the above business function.

One question I would like to ask you is What do these three Filter options you intend to do?

Regards,

Dear JEFREY E. MALIGAYA

Thanks for your reply.

One question I would like to ask you is What do these three Filter options you intend to do?

Actually i want to create an inquiry screen which allow user to enter the branch plant and item number as in the attachment. Lot option is default when program execute.

So when user press button Find, all records for the branch plant and item number(if blank show all) will be display at the grid. When user select Location, program must able to summarize the qty on hand until location level and display only branch plant, item number location, qty on hand, qty on hand (kg) without lot number at the screen. Do you think that application able to do that?

Refer to your suggestion above, where should i include the statement at? Should i include it at Find button click section or Find post button click section? I found one things where when i press the find button, all related records exp: 10 records will display at one short instead of record by record showing at the grid.

My problem here is different lot number may have different primary UOM, so i need to include conversion in my program in order to convert it to KG if primary UOM not in KG. So which, button click section or post button click section will execute the record one by one? Or should i include any looping to validate the primary UOM and apply conversion accordingly? If using a loop, how i know the total records found and how much time the loop will run before next item number execute?

Where should i include those statement to do validation?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Best Regards
Wong

Hi Wong,

If I understood your problem correctly. You don't need to add those three filter options (radio buttons). You just have to insert the Branch/Plant, Item Number and Lot fields from the attached business view(Business View Columns Browser) and not from the Data Dictionary Browser. Then right click on the properties of these 3 fields, then go to "Filter" and select "=" from the Filter Criteria and also enable the Wildcard Display (Yes=checked).

Placing those fields and enabling the filter criteria creates an automatic "Where" condition in your select statement done by the program WITHOUT an additional coding required. Meaning you don't have to put codes just to filter the records.

"I found one things where when i press the find button, all related records exp: 10 records will display at one short instead of record by record showing at the grid."
This is the default setting of the grid but you can always increase the number of records shown by going to the HTML Options in the grid properties or you can show all records by disabling it in the "Options-Disable Page-at-a-time Processing" tab of the grid properties (this may affect the system performance when you are dealing with large number of records).

As to placing a sum at the last row, I still haven't tried it but you can search other posts. It has been discussed here many times before.

regards,

Back