Security Issue - Help me please

GSI Inc.

GSI Inc.

Well Known Member
Hi all, I am implementing security in Enterprise One. What we have now is not public exclude and then granting by object. But this is what we have to go to for a SOX requirement. The problem I am having is identifying all the objects that a user may need. For instance you can't go to the x-ref file and find all the UBEs(reports) that are submitted via the Payroll Workbench. What I have done is build a file from the menus of all access they current have to forms and UBEs. The problem is there is nothing showing in the xref files what UBEs are called from forms or what ube's are called in a submitted job stream such as the R07200 which once it starts running on a server submits more jobs. What I have had to do is setup a test group and user that the first security entry is application security that states that that group can't run any application. Then I adding entries based on their current menus. Then I have to test it by signing on to that test user and submit a job(s) and look in the employee workcenter for errors on jobs that do not have authority. Very time consuming. I have about 40 unique groups setup that I would have to have a test user for each one and sign on and find out what authority they do not have and then add and entry to the security table for run "Y".

I know some consulting firms have a list of possible UBE(s) and forms by system code that may be used. Also I belive this is how it is done with the 3rd party software from Qsoft(sp). Any ideas or insights would be greatly appreciated and I would name my next child after you. Well maybe not that. But It would wonderful for any insight as JDE support has not helped at all.

Thanks, DetroitBobby - Shake it easy

Hey MoTown Robert!

Not to sound like an advertisement, but you mentioned one of the best solutions in your post - Q Software. If you guys are willing to shuck out a few bucks, Q Software has done exactly what you are looking to do. We don't use their software because we started out with an all doors closed approach. But they seem to be pretty knowledgeable.

Back