SEC000007 - Unable to Locate Security Server

sharling

We are currently on Xe SP17.1, and have upgraded our SU7333 Environment to SP23 G1. We run a 8.1.7 Oracle Database on a HPUX Enterprise Server.

I have installed SP23 G1 on the HPUX Enterprise Server and on the Deployment Server as Multi Foundation i.e SU7333 is currently on SP23 G1 whilst DV7333, PY7333 and PP7333 (Pre-Production Env) are still on SP17.1

I copied the current SYS7333.F98OWSEC and SYS7333.F9312 tables to SU7333.F98OWSEC and SU7333.F9312, and I have OCM Mapped the F98OWSEC and F9312 tables for the SU7333 Env for *PUBLIC.

I have built a full client/server package for the SU7333 Environment, and deployed the client package to a separate snapshot on my PC, so my JDE.INI is pointing at port 6109 etc.

I can sign on with my user ID (SHARLING) and I changed the password to a different password than it is for DV7333/PY7333/PP7333, and the F98OWSEC table in the SU7333 Schema shows the updated record.

I then went to run a CNC Test we have for Service Packs, that checks we can run the normal CNC functions under the new Service Pack. One of the tests was to create a new User ID and sign on with it. I created a user called SUSP23 as a copy of my SHARLING User ID, and when I attempt to sign on I get the following error:

SEC0000007 - UNABLE TO LOCATE SECURITY SERVER

I can then sign back on with my SHARLING user ID OK. I have run several tests and the same pattern seems to appear, whenever I create a new user ID and copy from a user that has already signed onto SP23, I get the same error.

Hello Sharling

I think you have to check your jde.ini file.
For example, do you still have the line :
SecurityServer = Your enterprise server ?

Nab

Sharling,

just had exactly the same issue with a pSeries / RS/6000 client last week.

Can you pls. make sure that:

- port number is correct on the client to connect to your MF instance

- you're using a different area of ipc resources for MF

- ALL of your SP23 shared libs and programmes in ../system/xxx got replaced by the unpack / tar

When we had this case last week, we figured out, that some of the shared libraries didn't get replaced by the install procedure... We moved the ../system directory away and extracted the SP tarfile again and it worked.

Michael

Hi Nab

Yes, my JDE.INI file for Client and Enterprise still has the line SecurityServer=our server name

Thanks
sharling

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply.

The Port Number is set to 6109 for our MF Instance.

I have set the IPC Value in the SP23 JDE.INi to a different value than the SP17 JDE.INI file.

I have run a count agaisnt how many files are in the b7333sp23/system/.. directories compared to the b7333/system/.. directories and there are more files in each directory for the new service pack, which suggests there are no files missing.

Thanks
Steve

Did you create the new user while logged into the SU7333 environment? If not, there will not be a record for that user in the SU7333.F98OWSEC table and you will be unable to log into SU7333 as that user.

Did you change the value for datasource in the security section of your SP23 ES JDE.INI. It should point to the datasource that contains your new F98OWSEC & F9312 tables

[SECURITY]
DataSource=<should be different from your old SP>

Back