Sales Update

vishwa

When i am doing sales update for some samples orders(X1),i am getting the error,Address Number Invalid,i found the problem is with the Revenue Business Unit(EMCU),we are trying to populate this field with Project Number(Which is business unit of type 'PJ')and we are getting an error Address Number Invalid,it doesn't exist in F0101,when we change this to same as the Branch plant(BP)where the order is created it goes through without error,i understand that BP records have a valid address number in F0101 but for PJ records we don't,but does that mean that we can't use Project in the revenue business unit?since this is a sample order we want to know the Deparment to which it is charged to.
With our current setup i could see some order have been processed successfully with the Project Number in revenue business unit,but i am not sure how these records got processed?
Please help me to understand this issue.

Hello Vishwa,
Let me try to help you out on this issue.
Sales update uses DMAAI Distribution & Manufacturing Automatic Acounting Instructions to crate GL entry for sales update.
The DMAAI which it is using for Sales Update are 4220.4230.4240.GL accounts associated are as follows :-
4220 :- COGs
4230 :- Revenue (SALES)
4240 :- Inventory

Here system passes entry like :-
AR Trade A/c Dr ( for Invoice Amount)(AAI RC)
Sales Account Cr ( For Invoice Amount)DMAAI 4230
COGS A/c Dr ( COGS Amount) DMAAI 4220
INventory A/c Cr ( Inventory) DMAAI 4240.

Now we will come to your error ,that is more related with DMAAI for 4230 as I understood as you want to book revenue or Sales.See what happens is all DMAAI's work as per
Doc Company Doc type GLClass BU Object A/c

SO there may be some sales entries in this BU but that means some DMAAI set up is there but that may be for some other GL class or Doc type so please check the DOc type & GL classof items which you have invoiced & for which you want to do this Sales Update.
Now about PJ BU type I think that is your customise type & if that is for project number then you may be using it to book/ calculate cost.Anyway if you want your sales to get posted in this then you have to have GL accounts there which you have to mention in DMAAI.
In short that Business Unit should have General Ledger accounts where you want to book your sales & that same should be mentioned with Doc company Doc type & GL Class combination in DMAAI.
I hope I have cleared you doubt still if you need any clarification tell me.

Regards.

MANDAR.

Hi Viswa,

As I understand your problem...when you use project number(Which is One of Business Unit) as sold to it is throwing error and if the same project number is used as selling business unit..it is accepting the sales order. I suggest to check whether the same project number is having Customer Master information.

Hello Narendra,
I am not getting your point do you mean to say that if Business Unit does not have address book number ,sales update won't happen because Vishwa whole issue is baout sales update.
Can you explain bit more what are you saying?

Regards.

MANDAR.

APARTIR DEL DIA 7 DE AGOSTO ESTARE DISFRUTANDO DE MI LICENCIA DE
MATERNIDAD POR UN TIEMPO DE 3 MESES, CUALQUIER SOLICITUD RELACIONADA CON
JDE SE PUEDEN DIRIGIR A HELP DESK EN LA EXT 117 O CON YENIS CABEZAS EXT

CORDIALMENTE;
LUZEO

I mean to say , If Sold to Address Number is not having customer master..it will not create AR Invoice and sales update will throw error

Back