Sales Orders - Clearing out hard commitments automatically

richchipper

Well Known Member
Is there an automated way to clear out a hard commitment on a sales order?

Background: Our company processes thousands of sales orders lines a day in dozens of separate branches so our sales order processes are automated (order entry from EDI, print pick slip, ship confirm). We hard commit at print pick slip from a single location specified for each branch.

From time to time, this creates a situation where two orders commit the same lot/location even though there isn't enough to fill both (3 units on hand with 2 orders of 2 items each - total of 4). So, the order that can't be shipped sits in limbo until we add more inventory for that lot/location through a transfer or adjustment or until we manually fix the orders to a new lot/location record.

The Backorder process doesn't work because the lot/location record won't have a positive quantity available.

Did you try running the "Repost Active Sales Orders" batch (R42995)?

Make sure you have a sales order open because this batch will not work without an open order.

If that works for you, you could maybe schedule it to run every night.

Regards,

Olavo Henrique Dias

Thanks for the response.

The challenge is that the repost program will simply post to the same lot/location that is on the sales order. I need to clear the hard commitment off the sales order automatically and have the system find a new lot/location record. It would be similar to the process that is used after backorder release (run print pick slip and commits the data to a lot/location).

Hi there!
As far is a know, there is no way to automatically update orders from soft- to hardcommitted in a single batch.

What we have done for another customer (apart from a modification) was to use P4205 to force the orders to be backordered and then run R42118 to release the backorders without hardcommitting but this still involved a manual step (P4205)

The only other option i can think of would be to create a UBE to remove hardcmmitment (update F4211.LOCN and LOTN + set SDCOMM to "S") and update F41021 commitment buckets..

/Aaarto

Hi,
Did you enquire on what causes incorrect commitments ? I prefer to work on causes rather than consequences....
Tom

Back