Sales Order (P4210) Entry Credit Hold Notification

parora

Well Known Member
Hi All,

In OneWorld XE, if an Order Entry person inputs a Sales Order he isn't aware that the Order may be on Credit Hold, until he goes back into the Order Header and realizes the Hold Code placed on the Order Header. That is often too late, as the Order Entry person may have already hung up the phone with the customer. Several SARs on the KG, including SAR #5036838, indicate this is functioning as designed (even though World software does have the functionality of automatically generating a "This Order went on Hold" message to the user immediately upon order entry), and JDE doesn't plan to redesign this until a future release.
Looking for suggestions on how others have got around this "problem", without forcing the Order Entry person to immediately go back into the Order Header. Have you modified the program? If so, how complicated (time, resources) was the modification?
Secondly, in P4210 behind Workflow Tab P/O #1, there is an option to E-Mail Work Order Planner. Does this work? Who does the message go to? Should the message be going to the Planner specified on the Item Branch Record? Does this email only get sent if there is a Work Order Associated with the Sales Order? (Note I have activated JDESOENTRY process and there is a Planner specified on my Item Branch Record)
Thanks for your assistance,

**************************************************************************************
Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Information confidentielle: Le présent message, ainsi que tout fichier qui y est joint, est envoyé à l'intention exclusive de son ou de ses destinataires; il est de nature confidentielle et peut constituer une information privilégiée. Nous avertissons toute personne autre que le destinataire prévu que tout examen, réacheminement, impression, copie, distribution ou autre utilisation de ce message et de tout fichier qui y est joint est strictement interdit. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, veuillez en aviser immédiatement l’expéditeur par retour de courriel et supprimer ce message et tout document joint de votre système. Merci.
**************************************************************************************

OneWorld XE, Update 6, SP20, AS/400

We modified P4210 for that exact purpose: Our Sales Support folks needed to know at the time they placed an order whether it went on margin or credit hold. The fix was not that difficult, but required that we disable asynchronous processing on the order confirmation form (otherwise, the processing takes place in the background and control returns to P4210 before the credit/margin hold checks are complete.

If you like, I can send you a snippet of code that we used .

I saw your post and was wondering if you could tell me where the code is that is actually putting an order on hold.
We would like to prevent margin holds when an order reaches a certain status and I can't find where it is happening.
Thanks

Can you please share your resolution on this?
~Kelli

[ QUOTE ]
Hi All,<br><br>In OneWorld XE, if an Order Entry person inputs a Sales Order he isn't aware that the Order may be on Credit Hold, until he goes back into the Order Header and realizes the Hold Code placed on the Order Header. That is often too late, as the Order Entry person may have already hung up the phone with the customer. Several SARs on the KG, including SAR #5036838, indicate this is functioning as designed (even though World software does have the functionality of automatically generating a "This Order went on Hold" message to the user immediately upon order entry), and JDE doesn't plan to redesign this until a future release.<br>Looking for suggestions on how others have got around this "problem", without forcing the Order Entry person to immediately go back into the Order Header. Have you modified the program? If so, how complicated (time, resources) was the modification?<br>Secondly, in P4210 behind Workflow Tab P/O #1, there is an option to E-Mail Work Order Planner. Does this work? Who does the message go to? Should the message be going to the Planner specified on the Item Branch Record? Does this email only get sent if there is a Work Order Associated with the Sales Order? (Note I have activated JDESOENTRY process and there is a Planner specified on my Item Branch Record)<br>Thanks for your assistance
OneWorld XE, Update 6, SP20, AS/400<br><br>

[/ QUOTE ]

Kelli,

We actually end up performing a modification to P4210 so that once the Sales Order had been entered and saved, that a message would appear on the Sales Order Header indicating that the previous Order was Placed on hold. This message basically appeared in the same area on the Sales Order header where Credit Messages/Temporary Credit Messages are displayed.

Hope this helps, but please let me know if you need futher details.

Pankaj.

Back