sales configurator and adv pricing (price method 1)

Aarto

Aarto

Reputable Poster
Hi all!

I have set up a very simple configured item (only one segnment). The parent item price method is 1 (list price of components)

1 Parent = 1 component, component base price is 100 USD
I have also created a price schedule with some price adjustments based on advanced item groups

When i enter an order for the parent item, the configurator screen pops up and everything is fine. However, the price adjustments are never applied to the parent line and the price of the parent is always same as the component base price (100 USD)
( i do not see any adjustments in price history form)

However, if i add an adjustment using all items hierarchy to the schedule, this adjustment is shown for the parent item. So it seems that the adjustments using advanced item groups are not working for configured items and i find it hard to believe that this would be the case.
To test this, I changed the item stocking type from "C" to "S" and entered an order. When i did this, all the price ajdustments kicked in as expected

So.. is there a system constant or a "flag" somewhere that would disable advanced pricing for configured items?

I tried another approach and created a parentitem with pricing code 4 + set up adjustments for the component items (using advanced item groups)
In this case, price adjustments were correctly applied to the component lines but the parent line amount was the total of component base prices and not the component prices after price adjustments

This is really starting to annoy me. I'm sure i have missed something but just can't figure it out. Maybe someone has any pointers as where to look?

We're on E9 with tools 8.98 and all the latest ESU:s etc.
Thanks
/Aarto

Hi,

Here are some pointers to look though...

1. Order Line Type Constants P40205
2. Branch Plant Constants P41001
3. I might add later if i can straighten my head...need coffee.
blush.gif

Hope this helps.

Thanks I Got it working in Demo Jr with exactly same setup and think i may have localized a SAR for this.. (for 8.12 though) will have our developers check if we're missing this

Back