Sale Order XML Interop Questions

Bill Dotson

Reputable Poster
We're having some fun trying to get some sales orders into our system via XML Interop. We've run into a couple of funky things we can't figure out. I'm hoping someone here has run into the same issues and figured them out.

1. Direct sales orders (doc type SD) automatically create direct Purchase Orders (doc type OD). However, when the PO is created through XML Interop, certain values are not populated as they would be if the sales order is entered into JDE manually. Specifically, the columns F4301.PHORBY, F4301.PHUSER and F4311.PDTORG are not getting populated. Normally, these are populated with user ID of the person who entered the order. However, via XML Interop, these columns are blank. We are passing a user ID in Begin Doc.

2. Some of our items are coded as stocking type U, which means "Use up." When we place an order manually through JDE, we can place orders for U items, up to the amount on-hand. This usually results in a warning, but the user is still able to place the order. However, via XML Interop, we get an error message stating that the item is over-committed, even though we have more on-hand than the quantity on the order.

Any other advice about using XML Interop is also appreciated. For some reason, we thought that JDE would treat orders via this method just like any other order. Not sure what made us think that . . . but it sure seems like there are lots of quirks to this method.

Have you tried wrapping all this up in a custom NER and then calling this NER instead?

On 1. - My experience using XML Interop to create Transfer Orders was similar, a number of fields are not populated that would be when the order was created interactively. There were two methods I used to overcome this limitation:<ul type="square">[*]Add additional XML Interop calls to other BSFNs
[*]Changes to the SOE Master BSFN to pass the additional fields to the F4311EditLine [/list]
Alexander Pastuhov's reply offers another method that I have used for XML Interop - Wrap the BSFNs you need inside a NER that performs the additional processing and then have the XML Interop call the NER.

My general advice on XML Interop and order creation is that JDE does treat these orders the same as any other order. Without looking at the XML you are sending, my guess is that the P4210 is using additional BSFNs, beyond what you are using in your XML, in the creation of the order and that changes the result you are seeing.

I have extensive experience with XML Interop and would be glad to discuss any other questions you have.

Sincerely,

Roger Coxon
www.consultcoxon.com

Thanks, Alex, I hadn't thought of that. Seems like that would require a wrapper for each of BeginDoc, EditLine and EndDoc. I appreciate the help.

Roger, thanks for the input. After some more research, it turns out we were getting snagged in one area by our own custom code (the U item problem). We found a way around that, and I got around the related PO problem by writing directly to the database (not how I wanted to solve the problem, but time is an issue). Maybe if we jiggle enough parameters we'll find the combination that works.

Back