RUNUBEXML, ROBOT, and Bug 16724756

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
All,

This is so others are aware of this issue, Oracle currently has it down as an ENHANCEMENT.

This last weekend a JDE API failed and was creating XML documents where the field name and Alias for data selection was blank (NULL). The Robot product that submits UBE's for schedulers picked up this XML and passed it to several of our UBE's.

The blank field names/aliases caused the UBE to completely drop data selection when deciding which records to select. As you can imagine this more or less completky trashed our database.

If you are an IBM i shop, especially if you use the ROBOT products, would like to encourage you to place your organization on bug 16724756 to be notified when it is resolved. Our SR is 3-7690987851, so feel free to piggyback on it also.

Help systems has not yet indicated if they will modify thier RBJRUNUBE command to validate the XML they get from the API, but if you could give them a ring and encourage them to consider it also, that would be appreciated. I am at this point hopefull that they will.

The only indication of the failure from the user standpoint is jobs appear to be running longer. You can see it on execution detail where the file name is shown, but the field name is NULL.

I"m hoping we can get this fixed before more of us have to go through this kind of pain.

If you need any more info, please feel free to message me.

Tom Davidson
Sensient Technologies

Back