RUNUBE

Spike

We have a number of RUNUBE commands scheduled on our AS/400 for our OneWorld jobs. Some of the jobs are running financial reports, where fiscal month and year are selected by a processing option. Is there a way to automate this process, where the current fiscal month/year can be used, rather than having to change the processing options each time the job is run?

Are these processing options stored in a file somewhere, where I can create a job to update all the processing options through some script or programming language?

Spike,

These values are easy to update in World. However, I believe that they are stored in a BLOB field in an E1 table and are not easy to update programatically. There are business functions that do it, but they are application specific. You could clone one of the business functions and tweak it for your needs. The knowledge garden has some information on this.

Good Luck.

Spike <[email protected]> wrote:
We have a number of RUNUBE commands scheduled on our AS/400 for our OneWorld jobs. Some of the jobs are running financial reports, where fiscal month and year are selected by a processing option. Is there a way to automate this process, where the current fiscal month/year can be used, rather than having to change the processing options each time the job is run?

Are these processing options stored in a file somewhere, where I can create a job to update all the processing options through some script or programming language? Ryan Allen OW Xe B7333 SP15.1 / World A7.3 cum 12 ES - AS/400 V5R1 DS - Win2000 Fat - Win200 TSE/Citrix - Win2000

Back