RUNUBE w/processing options

dalfanz

Well Known Member
Are processing options a problem with RUNUBE? We are trying it the value
populated it is causing the request to fail.

If we try it with a version that has a blank processing option it doesn't
fail.

Anyone encounter this issue?

Platform: AS/400; V4R4M0 (with most current PTFs applied) XE @ SP14.1;
Citrix Clients

... the only problem I have with runube is that don't take the correct PO. If i build a server package with batch version, it doesn't take PO again. I've opened a Call in JDedwards, I know that it's a known problem.
Good luck gigi

Perry,

can you be more specific about the problem(s) you are experiencing?

The reason I'm asking is that out of the blue this August 13th we've had certain UBEs fail to execute (don't even start) that are scheduled through JDE's Scheduler. These jobs don't even start - just get a Status Code "E" (error) on the submitted jobs form. These same UBEs will run locally. Some of them will run if manually submitted to run on the server. Others if manually submitted will run a short while before erroring. Debug logs aren't helpful - they just stop mid-stream.

I've noticed there has been a rash of other problems submitted by "listers" regarding UBEs running on the server. Is this August madness? :)

Anyway we're building a new full package to deploy to the server to see what that does. Also feeding JDE Response Line's appetite for debug logs while we wait. If you (or someone else) has a clue to what's going on please share.

Thx,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

Larry ...

We have a similar, but not exactly the same, problem. Out of the blue (to share a phrase) on August 8th, we had a job submitted by the user that would not go out of 'wait' status. The job will run locally but not on the server. The list is slowly growing - we now have 3 jobs that will not run. We do not get the error status - the jobs just never move!

We, too, have called JDE and plan a full server build next weekend (8/24). If that works, please let us know!

Jobs that will not run: R03B505, R127011 and R127013

I agree - August madness!
... Natalie

Natalie Chlop
Xe, AS/400, Citrix, SP15.1
Financials (Mfg/Dist target October)

Hi,

We also had a similar problem. I looked in Work With Servers - Submitted Jobs and found that these jobs had an obsolete queue name, eg a queue from B7331(QB7331). Our new queue names are QB7333, etc. Check out the UBE, modify the version and resubmit. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gopal
Sun Solaris 7, Xe U1 SP14.2, Oracle 8.1.6.3.0

Larry ...

We have a similar, but not exactly the same, problem. Out of the blue (to share a phrase) on August 8th, we had a job submitted by the user that would not go out of 'wait' status. The job will run locally but not on the server. The list is slowly growing - we now have 3 jobs that will not run. We do not get the error status - the jobs just never move!

We, too, have called JDE and plan a full server build next weekend (8/24). If that works, please let us know!

Jobs that will not run: R03B505, R127011 and R127013

I agree - August madness!
... Natalie

Natalie Chlop
Xe, AS/400, Citrix, SP15.1
Financials (Mfg/Dist target October)
--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=18741

Do you have multiple batch queues? Have you stopped and started queues?
Check the UBE in the work with server jobs, what queue is it assigned to?

We had this problem with some jobs, after we upgrade from B732.1 to Xe, in
Xe the default job queue name changed, but can occur if a queue dies or some
makes changes in the Server JDE.INI, the Client JDE.INI or to a UBE Version,
if you have a version which uses a specific job queue, or uses the default
Queue in the Client JDE.INI and this queue is not running or does not exist,
then the job will wait, or the default Queue in the Client JDE.INI .

Things to check:

JDE.INI on Enterprise, have the job queue names changed? [NETWORK QUEUE
SETTINGS] UBEQueue1 etc.

JDE.INI on client, has the default UBEQueue changed to a non-existent queue
- [NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS] - UBEQueue=

UBE Version - Version Detail - is a Job Queue assigned? Is this a real Queue
(Enterprise JDE.INI)?

OW733.3 Xe SP 14.2
Enterprise Server - Intel NT + Oracle 8.0.6
Client - Citrix TSE + 4 NT PC's for development

Thx to all who responded to my post.

FYI we had no problem with obsolete Queue Names.
We replaced the server PD specs (in case they'd been corrupted) by re-deploying the last full package build.
We even restored the System directory on the server in case that code had been corrupted somehow.

However, we believe the actual chain of events was:
- Over the weekend 1 or 2 UBE specs were somehow corrupted on the server.
- Monday AM these UBEs failed to run as scheduled.
- Tuesday AM still failed to run. The CNC admin then changed the Load Library in [DB SYSTEM SETTINGS] section from libora80.sl to libora81.sl (Oracle 8.0 to 8.1 lib) to see if this would help and restarted. We had tested with the 8.1 library earlier in the year with no perceived problems.
- Wednesday AM No scheduled jobs would run, some UBEs manually submitted would not run on the server.
- Wednesday PM - restored specs, System dirs as above and changed JDE.INI back to libora80.sl. EVERYTHING GOOD!
- Thursday AM - All scheduled jobs are running.

Net, net we probably only needed to replace the spec files to correct the initial problem - but all is well now.

Thx again to all who responded!

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

Back