RUNUBE Problem

rwellsw

I have a problem with getting the RUNUBE F47011 to work for us on the AS400. In talking with JDE the F47011 calls an interactive program so it will not work correctly. Can someone give me some direction on how I should go about changing this so that it will work. Like maybe making the interactive program it calls a batch program.

I do not have any experience in JDE batch programming. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Roger

The interactive it calls is P4210 which is one
of the _uglier_ pgms (world and oneworld) going.

Making it work as batch is not likely to be an easy thing.

As a workaround would you consider:

Submitting it from a OW menu into a held queue -and-
Having that queue released by a CLP at your required time.

Not that it fixes anything, and yes it is ridiculous that
you need "workarounds", but it might be a good stop-gap.

Best of luck.

Gene

I never thought that I would miss RPG.....

Gene Piekarski, Jr

AS/400, B733, SP11.2, NT client

Is this something that could be done many times each hour? We receive orders on a regular basis and want them processed quickly. We currently cycle about every 30 seconds and process as we recieve the orders.

Thanks
Roger

The method I suggested works for us as ALL our nightlies are
submitted from a OW menu, into our held queues. These are
jobs/versions that process once a day, and that's it.

To accomplish a twice a minute frequency, you _could_
have a ube, submitted to the server, once per day. This ube
could have a loop which is processed 120 times for each
hour requested. The number of hours could be a p/opt.

Depending on how fast each R47011 processes (in batch
on your 400) you might not have to mess w/holding and
releasing the queue. Rather each R47011 would start as
soon as the previous one finishes. In our case, the R47011
can either process very quickly or very slowly. I'm forbidden
from running it during the day as it adds to our performance
problems.

Further, we have a problem of not being able to run more than
3 JDE batch jobs, or they go into SEMAPHORE and MUTEX
waits. I don't know if your seeing that on your box. These
waits have been discussed on the list for more details.
I don't fully understand these waits, nor the fix for them.

I couldn't even guess how this would impact your systems performance.

Gene

Gene Piekarski, Jr

I'm sorry, the looping UBE would have a report interconnect to R47011.....

Gene Piekarski, Jr

Is there another automated way to get orders into JDE without using the R47011? I can handle the AS/400 and RPG but not the JDE batch. I need to move them into JDE until they are hard committed which means that I also have to process R42565 and R42520. After they are hard committed then the AS/400 will take over and process/print the pick ticket, invoice etc.

All of our orders come in via EDI and we get them in between 5 and 9 and they have to be processed and shipped that night. We process about 1000 orders per nignt with about 30000 lines of orders.

Thanks for your help.

Roger

The "Z" files F4001Z and F4011Z were recommended
to me by JDE (call# 412-7291) quite a while ago.

My cryptic notes on the call say "R40211Z" so that might
be the UBE that processes them. I don't know if it
calls the interactive Sales Order Entry or not.

I couldn't use it due to a needed ESU regarding KITS.
We then found we needed that ESU for R47011 as well.

Gene

Gene Piekarski, Jr

This whole RUNUBE and what is and what is not supported is out of hand. I am having a similar issue with R47071 and initially got the same response from JDE, it is an interactive program so we will not support it. Not so I find out! I am now told that if you can run the UBE from Batch Versions (P98305) it IS supported by RUNUBE.

The definition of an "interactive" UBE, as I was informed by JDE, is a UBE that is fired off from a program (probably such as A/P Checks, etc.) where there are Report Interconnects and data structures being passed to the UBE which can NOT be done with RUNUBE.

Another thing they won't support is RUNUBE from a CL Program. So they rejected my problem again. But once I demonstrated that it still did not work properly from the command line itself, they have now re-opened my issue.

My issue started over the weekend after installing SP 15 and the one-offs. Prior to that, for over 2 years, R47071 has worked without a problem, 4 copies of it every night.

Since then, R47071 runs, however it does not process the lines, all of the lines are flagged as having an error. The workcenter indicates that the Ledger type is not valid.... However every line has a ledger type of AA and that ledger type is in the UDC 09/LT table. The UBE somehow fails to see it. The jog log indicates that there is an invalid code page (37). R31802 appears to have the same symptons. We run that every night as well.

I took a look at R47011 and in my opinion, it is NOT an interactive version and you should be able to run it from the CL.

We run about 160 UBEs from CL Progams every day and have not had these issued until SP 15.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Back