RUNUBE from Command Line

rhunt01

Well Known Member
I was wondering if there is a way to specify data selection and processing options when calling RUNUBE from command line...or some other method outside of JDE. We are not a big JDE developement shop so I'd prefer not to accomplish this through a completely custom UBE.

.NET, SQL, ODBC, DOS, PowerShell, etc. would all be preferred.

Thanks.

R,

In theory....

You could create a Virtual Table (discussed, many times on the list), then adjust a report to use the Virtual Table, instead.

1. When you are ready to submit the report, re-create the SQL View (Virtual Table) with the updated data selection (make sure you know all the gotchas) - Create View as #### (select statement)
2. Then, run the report over the SQL View.

The report would have to be Single-Threaded!

(db)

RUNUBEXML is exactly what you want. You define your processing options, data selection and sequencing within an XML file. You then pass that XML file as input to the RUNUBEXML. It works quite well.

Yes, RUNUBEXML is exactly what I need. Unfortunately when I try to create the template I get "runubexml: could not initialize an ENV handle for User in Evnronment"

I found a couple hits on the Internet for these issues and did not get anywhere. I've entered a valid username, password, and role into my jdeRequest.xml file.

Any suggestions?

Also, just noticed that my signature block is very old. We are on:
EnterpriseOne 9.0
Tools 8.98.3.1
OAS on Windows 2008 64 bit
iSeries V6R1
NT App Server (UBE only): Windows 2008 64 bit

I am trying to work with RUNUBEXML on the WINTEL app server, not the AS400.

Thanks. RH

Alright, I was able to get past the error above. It was a CNC issue. This is a new server and we had an issue with the OCM's and JDBNET. It seems resolved and I am able to run the program now. However, no matter what UBE I run it for, I get the same error. Any thoughts on the item below?

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <jdeResponse type="" user="" pwd="" role="" environment="" session="">
<returnCode code="4">Fatal XML Parse error at line 1 char 2 : 'Expected an element name'</returnCode>
</jdeResponse>

OK, we got this working like a charm. Only one suprise though...it apparently runs synchronously instead of asynchronously. Based on how JDE clients work with submitting UBE's to a job queue and running asynchronously, I was suprised to find that when calling RUNUBEXML in code, you have to wait for the UBE to complete before you can continue processing.

So, before I start engineering some windows service-based application to call many processes (as many as 20) to essentially force as many as 20 UBE's to be running at a time (this will be for a nightly scheduled process), is there a better way to use a JDE program, service, or extension to call UBE's asynchronously??

Thanks.

I have not used runubexml, but I am surprised it doesn't have some sort of sync/async flag either in the xml or as some sort of param to the call.

The only thing I can think of would be to create a BSFN that launches your UBE via jdeLaunchUBEEx (which I believe does have the ability to launch UBEs async) and then call the BSFN through some sort of interop solution like xmlCallObject or Business Services.

Of course the problem with this is that you wouldn't be able to set proc options and data selection at runtime.

I know for a fact that runubexml is asynch submission only. It sends the record to the F986110 in W status, the queue kernel schedules it, the job processes in a runbatch.

It has no sync mode.

Back