A7.3 Running a Query through a World Writer Program

Misfit Jr

So I made a Custom Query in a custom library through WRKQRY so I could have a specific report needed for my production plant for WO creation help. (Basically just a report that shows what is committed and needed for replenishment)

QUERY: REPORTS63A
LIBRARY: TYLER

I'm currently trying to find a way to be able to set this query up so that I can place it in a custom menu I plan on building. So people can select it and it will automatically batch it and print the report that the query is built for.

I couldn't find a way to set it up through the menu revisions 01/G901 (J00908), so I tried making it a RPG program in WW. I cant seem to find a way to get the query to pull and it print correctly.
Is it possible? Do I need a CL program?

Also I should note. I'm not an experienced programmer, so use Layman terms please.

Thanks so much for any help

1645719138397.png

You could write a simple one-line CL using the RUNQRY command, but your best bet is to create a new World Writer. World Writer is JDE's version of Query. Then you'll be able to add it to a JDE menu and have it run fine.

You could write a simple one-line CL using the RUNQRY command, but your best bet is to create a new World Writer. World Writer is JDE's version of Query. Then you'll be able to add it to a JDE menu and have it run fine.
Thank you! I happened to figure it out last night in WW.

Back