Runaway Kernels

cncjunior

We constantly experience issues with runaway JDENET_K jobs on our system. We usually find one to four a week, but sometimes we get one to four a day, as is the case this week it seems. Whenever we see them on our system, 99% of the time there is an F4311EndDoc in the call stack, so I am only guessing that there is most likely a problem with that business function. I recently opened a call with JDE on the issue and they immediatly told us to apply the latest SARs for that BSFN of course, but there's no proof that will fix our issue yet and they haven't really even started to research the problem yet. If anyone has any insight on this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. We are currently on XE, Update 6, SP23, V5R2.

[ QUOTE ]
...I recently opened a call with JDE on the issue...

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, those guys are back?! I thought Oracle was driving the bus still.
grin.gif

wishful thinking.....

Do you have logic mappings in the OCM on your server? Even a *DEFAULT record in the server's OCM can cause problems.

I checked and did find one for a CRP environment mapped for a particular user. The thing is the box that it is happening on is stictly a production server, so I don't know if that record would have caused the issue or not. I deleted it so we'll see if that helps. If anyone has any other ideas, let me know.

Back