Row Description Column

Dawn Walczak

JD Edwards Enterprise One
Application release E900
Tools Release 8.98.34

I am not sure what else you need regarding platform info. I am doing a tabular report with a row description column. It is a custom report. No standard JDE object involved.

Here is my question:
I have been trying to overwrite a cell in the row description column. The names have legally changed. I am using Get UDC x0005 and importing new name from the F005 table into a variable. That is functioning fine. The previous description in that cell was 20 characters long. The new description is 26 characters long. The field size is 30.

When the new description fills the cell, it cuts off the new description at 20 characters. I have tried a right pad also with no luck. I am unable (as far as I know) to replace the description cell with a RV. Any suggestions. If further information is needed. Let me know

I put program thru debug. Here is my problem exactly. The ER variable populates with correct description. Upon trying to map the ER variable to the TC it does not recognize the TC for mapping. It allows you to do the assignment but if you look at the TC variable in debug, it shows "missing name" I don't believe I am able to place a RV to only that cell which would solve the mapping problem. Any suggestions??
confused.gif

Back