Rolling Back Pick Slip Next Number

hch

We have customized the use of pick slip number (PSN) in JDE using it in custom fields, parsing it, etc that require it to be 6 characters in length. It is approaching 999999 and we would like to roll it back to 100000. We use the sales order processing and EDI modules. (No transportation, work-order.) I do not see any JDE tables in which PSN in a key. Obviously this will affect data selection, sequencing on some historical reporting/querying which could be alleviated by archiving data. Otherwise, does anyone know of any go-forward order processing issues that would be caused by rolling back pick slip next number?

Thanks!

E910, SQL DB

The field PSN is not primary key for any of the tables. If the pick slip number is changed at the Next Numbers Program, then the system tries to assign this new pick number when running Print Pickslips (R42520) over the sales order. If the number has already been used, then it tries to assign the next available (free) number and then updates the information on the Next Numbers Program, with the number + 1, based on the number actually used at Print Pickslips (R42520).

Thanks for your reply Al! It looks like B4200360 is handling this pick slip number logic and it only looks to F4211 to see if the next number has been used. In the scenario that a PSN has been used and the order is in history (F42119), is there logic to check F42119 and increment PSN if the number has been used?

I am not sure if there is logic with respect to F42119, I can investigate that, but in the case that a next number has already been used then it assigns the next available number.

Back