Role best practice

Also is there a way in JDE to find out if specific user did not login since certain period of time? I am asking because we have lot of users e.g temp and i want to make sure they are not using that user id before i delete them.

Thanks
AD

Thanks John/Dan,

We have a free tool that will help you with this scenario - why a user can or cannot do something. Drop me a line if you want to know more. We'll also show you two (and more) users side by side for analysis.

We'll also sort your muli role conflicts with change management included.

Thanks,

Hi Lewis

Can i download myself that free tool to try with? I did not find the file in your website.

Thanks
AD

If you drop me a line: lewis(at)qsoftware.com I'll make sure you get a copy.

You want the 3WayMatch - its what Gregg has got (and I think JohnJ has used it too). Send me a private message if you are interested in a free trial.

Is it correct in that the sequence numbers for inquiry roles should be lowest, with change roles next highest and then full access roles? I am having some conflicts and I think it has to do with role sequencing. Please advise. I am running 9.1 jde e1 and have used AllOut to set up my security with very little training.

Hi Ron

Don't know what exactly is your issue.
Try following.
1. Check form level security.
2. Clear security cache (i do whenever I make changes to test)

Now in our case If any user required access to any application. I just create new role and assign to user without worry about sequence. ( highest)

Hi All,
I have a basic schoolboy question. Having read through the thread, I saw many metaphors in use to describe the order of role sequencing, such as "higher / lower up/ down the tree" and " higher up or lower down the screen /page" etc.
In very basic terms, if I have three roles A, B and C, with sequence numbers 100, 200 and 300 respectively, what is the security search hierarchy? Does the search start by looking for a hit at 100 first, then at 200 and finally at 300? Or is it 300, 200 then 100?
Basic question yes, but not clearly explained anywhere I have looked so far. Thanks for any clarity!
Regards ... Alastair

Alastair

Lol .your first example. 100. 200 . 300
That way you are not impacting your current setup and restricting/unrestricting in future.

That's why security is very important in begining in any organization.

Alastair,

The way I understand your question, it would be 300, 200, 100. Higher sequence numbers take precedence over lower ones. Also keep in mind that this only applies to security conflicts. A user must have multiple roles with security to the same object for the sequence number to come into play. If an object only exists in one role assigned to a user the sequence number is irrelevant. Oracle doc 1087848.1 has some decent info on this subject.

Back