E8.0 Reverse Voucher

vishwa

Hi all,
I need to reverse a voucher,which is already paid.
I would like to know the way of voiding the voucher without voiding the Entire payment linked with the voucher.Say for exmaple if the payment amount 2000 and the voucher amount is 1000,after voiding the voucher will be open for 1000 and the payment amount will reduce to 1000.I hope after voiding the voucher from payment i can go and revise it?
Please help me to understand this.
I am new to AP system.
I am working on ERP8.

Hello Vishwa,
Let me clarify your doubt first what you are saying is :If the payment amount 2000 and the voucher amount is 1000,after voiding the voucher will be open for 1000 and the payment amount will reduce to 1000
Answer :- If you have voucher where payment amount is 2000 & you have processed payment for 1000 then after voiding the payment voucher payment amount open wil be again 2000 & not 1000.
Means the payment amount will be restored as Open amount once you void the payment.
But voiding voucher which is paid directly without voiding payment is hardly possible or not possible.This is control which has kept by system.In short whereever open amount is not equal to Gross Amount system won't allow voiding of voucher directly.
Tell me if you have any other doubt regarding this issue i will try to clarify the same.

Regards.

MANDAR.

Hi Mandar,
Thanks for your reply.I am restating my statement in better way ,my payment amount is 2,000 and i have 2 vouchers for that payment say 123 and 234,each for 1000$,and i want to void the voucher 234 from the payment,so that my voucher 234 is open for 1000$ and the payment remaning will be 1000$,is it possible to do this?
the reason i want to do this the voucher which i paid has some incorrect info,utilmately i want void this voucher and create a new one.

Hi Viswa,

Unlike AR, I don't think you can void a partial payment in AP. In AR, you can unapply some of the invoices from a receipt. But in AP, you cannot remove one voucher from payment if one single payment is made for two vouchers. You will have to void the entire payment in this case. If you decide to void the vouchers as well while voiding the payment entry, both the vouchers will get voided. So the best course would be to void the payment. Thereafter void the desired voucher separately and thereafter make a new payment for the remaining voucher.

Incidentally, I have noticed some issues in posting the batches under such circumstances. If the payment batch is posted and the vouchers batch is not posted and you void the payment and the vouchers in one go, then you will experience errors while posting the payment batch. You will need to recreate the voucher with the same old number in order to post the payment batch without any error.

Best regards,
Ajit

Thank you very much.Even i was thinking in the mind about A/R when i raised this question,its bad to know that in A/P we can't do that.
Anyhow thank you very much for your great help.
I really appreciate your help.

Vishwa

Hello Ajit,
I would love to know how to do the procedure of voiding vouchers also wioth payment because I have never seen such a procedure .Infact what I have did is we can go inside the payment entry then we can void the voucher.
Can you please tell me if any other way is there?

Thanks & Regards.

MANDAR

Hello Vishwa,
I got your point,but what you are saying is not possible becuase once you void payment menas for total amount it will be voided & then both vouchers will get open.
But what you can do is create one more voucher of same amount & then make payment of $ 2000 again by picking up voucher 123 & new voucher.So that your payment entry also will be as it is.
Anyway I will recommend that don't go for procedure of voiding voucher & payments together as what Ajit is saying though I have not seen the procedure but from system point of view it may create some problem..
Hope I have clarified your doubt.

Regards.

MANDAR.

Hello,
I just recently VOID an invoice due to the vendor revised the amount. I also had a matching receipt attached to that invoice. How do I detach that matching receipt from the incorrect invoice and attach it to the correct invoice? I am desperate as it is important for our inventory system. The person who receives the Matching Receipts is lockout and cannot revised on his end. That is the reason why I need instructions on how to detach or unlock the matching receipt. My email is [email protected].

Back