• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Report kill MS SQL?

vbojan

Well Known Member
Last few days we are experiencing a strange problem. We are on B733.2, SP10, MS SQL 7 and NT 4. I tried to change one old report and now when I run that report locally MS SQL stop with message “Attempt to unlock unowned resource”. Report is not using any TableI/O operation. I don’t understand how is that possible that report kill MS SQL. I will appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Bojan.

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Bojan,
Although your UBE don't use directly Table I/O in the ER , it can use Table I/O by its definition. I suppose, one or more section of your UBE based on a BusinessView. If it is so, I suggest:
* Determine the BSVW(s) of your UBE.
* Determine the table(s) of the BSVW(s).
* Determine where the table(s) are/is mapped to for the current User/Environment.
* Revise the security/owner settings of this/these datasource(s), further check the existence of this/these table(s) in the datasource(s) too.

It's just a hint.
Good luck,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

got_to_love_jde

Reputable Poster
While i like all of Zoltan's ideas i wonder if there might be some corruption of either the version or ube or sql on your machine. maybe checkout the first two & reinstall the third just for humor ;-)
dave

NT 4.0 SP5, SQL 7.0, One World B7321 SP12.4, Citrix