Remove Task Relationship

ablock

Does anyone know why I am not able to delete a task relationship on my fat client? I have pulled the relationship into my project, went into modify the relationship and want to remove (1) of the child task IDs, but after clicking on the child task ID the delete button is still greyed out.....Any ideas?

ps.... I am able to remove this relationship from the web, but would like to remove the relationship through omw so I can promote it instead of having to go into each enviornment on the web and remove the relationship manually.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Andrew,

When I need to do this I make the changes on the fat client using one of the menu buttons (not menu filter) on the menu screen. Making changes in this way causes the object(s) to be put into my default OMW project. I then move the required objects from my default project (named by my user id) to the project that I will be promoting. Then I promote the project.

Andrew,

When I need to do this I make the changes on the fat client using one of the menu buttons (not menu filter) on the menu screen. Making changes in this way causes the object(s) to be put into my default OMW project. I then move the required objects from my default project (named by my user id) to the project that I will be promoting. Then I promote the project.

Hi, sorry to revive an old post.

When I delete the relationship from the FAT client, the object that is generated in my default project is called "XX|B7332|B7332|<parent>|<child>|<seq>. <Object does not exist>"

And if I move that object (that apparently does not exist) to a new project and then try to promote it to 26, nothing happens. And of course the log says "
transfer failed"

How come everytime I delete a relationship, the object that is created in my default project is a "<object does not exist>" one? It's driving me crazy. I need to promote task removals.

Hi,

It has been a while since I've worked on this. If I remember correctly (and inferred from my post above), you need to put the object into the OMW project (for promotion) before you delete it. Then when you delete the object, you should be able to choose the delete on promotion option. This should delete the object from other environments as you promote the project, depending on the OMW rules that are set up.

When you promote to 26 and you log onto the associated environment, does the object show in the project as existing?

Hey thanks for your quick answer!

So here is an example:

I created a folder with 5 apps inside for the menu in DV. Of course that generated objects in my default project so I create a new one and move those objects to that new first project.
Then, I promote that first project to PY normaly without trouble.

Now the person who asked for the menu said "I need to delete 3 of the 5 task under that folder".

When I delete the relationship of the 3 tasks, a new object is created on my default project (just like when I created the relationships). It's called something like "XX|B7332|B7332|parentID|childID|seq# <object does not exist>".

Now, if I'm not mistaken, if I want to promote that change so in PY instead of having 5 tasks I see only 3, I need to move those generated "object does not exists" lines from my default project to a new one (a second project for the menu modification) and then promote from 21 to 26.

But whats the tricky part? That "object" (or line) of relationship deleted also appears in the first project from the creation of the folder. It's like it's repeated. And when I try to promote the second project with the "object does not exist" lines I get an error on the log saying that the token is somewhere else and so on.

So now in DV I have a Folder with 3 apps, and in PY I have the same folders with 5 apps, and no "functional" object in the OMW to put on a project and promote it to apply the changes on PY.

I'm losing my mind.

I'll cover some information here of which you are probably well aware and I'm going from memory, but please bear with me. There may be some differences based on the versionof JDE. Which version of JDE are you using?

When building a menu, you create a folder (a type of task, if I remember correctly), and a task that you want to access via the folder. In addition you create a list of tasks that are accessed via the folder (a relationship, I think there is a relationship object created for each task in the list). So there are at least 3+ objects involved. All will be automatically put in your default OMW project. To promote these objects, you create another OMW project and move all the objects into it. It is possible that pre-existing tasks could be included in the relationship objects, in which case the task objects will not be created in your default OMW project.

Now, for argument's sake, I'm going to assume that you created the 5 tasks and that only these 5 tasks are in the folder. Thus you will have 11 objects created in your default OMW project. You create a new OMW project and move all 11 objects to the new project. You then promote the project from 21 to 26, copying the 11 objects from DV to PY.

You then receive instruction that 3 of the tasks are not needed and should be deleted. To delete the tasks and relationships you "demote" your project from 26 to 21 (this may not be direct from 26 to 21, you may have to "demote' via another project status maybe 25; or you may have to create the this functionality in OMW rules). I'd prefer to delete the relationship objects first, then the task objects. Now you delete the 3 relationship objects from within the OMW project, using the delete button, which will show a window of options. One of these options will be delete on promotion. Select this option and promote the project. Move the project back to 21 and repeat the process for the 3 tasks.

From your descriptions, I'm assuming that the above process to delete was not followed.

When you look at your menus, in DV you see 3 child tasks. In PY you see 5 child tasks.

When you look at the OMW project when logged into PY, you see all 11 objects and they all exist. Please confirm you see this in PY.

When you look at the OMW project when logged into DV, you see all 11 objects and but 3 relationship and 3 task objects do not exist. Please confirm you see this in DV.

Yes! It looks like I'm missing the "project demoting" and remove by "Delete" process.

The version is E920 (9.2). Another thing to take into account is that I dont have the fat client installed on PY, nor QA/PD. I'm doing everything from DV.

So when I look at the OMW project into DV, I see the 11 objects (SE_TAKS and SE_REL as you well mentioned) but only 3 relationships do not exist. And this is because I'm not trying to actually delete the task that I created, but only wish to delete the relationship, because I may want to use the task later and put it into another folder.
However, if I need to delete both task and relationship (instead of o ly relationship) in order to properly promote the changes into PY, then I'm going all in.

For the objects involved with menus, everything is in the database and I don't think there is any check-in or check-out for them. Also you don't have to delete the task objects, if that is not required. You could also "hide" the menu options instead of deleting them, but that's a whole different process and possibly a little more complicated and you have started the deletion.

You have a couple of options from here, that I can think of. There may be more:

1) Re-create the deleted relationship objects

In DV create the missing relationship objects again. This will put them in your default OMW project, probably with the token. When you have done that, check to make sure that the "object does not exist" is not there on the relationship objects in the OMW project (not your default). If that is the case, remove the relationship objects from your default project. If your default project had the tokens, they should pass to the new project. If the "object does not exist" is still there on the relationship objects in the OMW project (not your default), this method may not work. You have two options at this point: 1) (this could be risky) You can remove the relationship objects from your new (non-default) project and move the relationships objects from you default project to the new peoject; 2) Delete the relationship objects in your default project and remove them from your default project and copy the deleted relationship objects from PY to DV outlined below.

2) Copy the deleted relationship objects from PY to DV

Do you have OMW rules set up to copy objects from PY to DV? (If you don't they can be designed and set up, but that's a whole other process - which I have done). If so you can copy the relationship tasks, from PY to DV. You might like to do that in a separate project. Create the 2nd project and promote the empty project to 26 (PY), then move the 3 deleted relationship objects from the 1st project to the 2nd project and demote. Finally move the objects back to the first project. Then you can do the complete deletion process.

Back