Releasing licenses

ssrini11

Hi List,
Is anybody aware of a shortcut to release the seat licenses for machines that don't exist anymore? The difficult way is to keep changing the name of a machine to ones that were being used and install/uninstall JDE till all the licenses are released. But to do it for about 25 machines is quite tedious. Any suggestions?

thanks in Advance.

Shashank
XE 14.2/NT 4/Oracle 8.1.5

This is just a workaround, Shashank,

You may call JDE-Contracts (Software Protection Codes) to provide a new SPC for the Dep. Server and your License Usage Application will get a brand new (empty) list.
Then, run the Reset SPC and Get Authorization Number on each wkstn, therefore filling the prior discussed list accordingly.

You still have to play with your 25 machines in person (if not remotely ...), but, compared with the install/uninstall process, ... :)

LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806, FormScape 2.1
SANDBOX: Xe SP15 & Update1, Oracle 8i
RS/6000, Citrix

Hi,

Recently I had to dealt with this problem. I think it would be of your interest the attached document that JDEdwards send me.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

------------------------------

Title: Recovering Lost Client Licenses
Abstract: How to recover your lost client licenses if you have lost machines or uninstalled clients incorrectly
Product OneWorld
Suite Technical
Release Any
Document ID OTI-99-0065
Date Created 07/26/1999
Date Reviewed 07/26/1999
Date Revised 07/06/1999

1)Rename jdeclnt files
On the deployment server, log out of OneWorld. In the z:\jdedwardsoneworld\B73x\client directory, rename the jdeclnt.xdc and jdeclnt.ddc files to jdeclnt.xdcold and jdeclnt.ddcold.
2)Reset the server licenses
Log into the Deployment server in the planner environment. Fast Path to the GH9052 menu. Double click on the Reset Software Protection Codes application (P98SRV).
On the Reset JD Edwards Security screen, click on the Reset Server Security button.
Leave the JD Edwards Security Setup screen up while you call Contracts. Be prepared to provide your name, your telephone #, your client #, and the Serial number on the screen.
Enter the code given by Contracts, click OK. Your server is now relicensed.

3)Reset the client licenses
On each client machine, go the GH9052 menu. Double click on the Reset Software Protection Codes application (P98SRV).
On the Reset JD Edwards Security screen, click on the Reset Client Security button.
On the JD Edwards Security Setup screen, Click Get Auth on the Form menu

This will reset the security and allow the current users to log in and free up the lost licenses so new clients can be added.

Imaginos
Technical Consultant
B733, B7331, B7332, Xe. AS/400, RS6000, Intel. Oracle, SQL/Server, DB2/400

Back