Reg Processing Option Value check

JDE Techie

Hi,
I have a requirement where I would need to validate a Processing Option value with the value entered in the immediate previous field.To explain in detail,If I have a processing option data structure with couple of fields "From Date" and "To Date",when I enter a value in "To Date",I would need to check if it is a valid date which would be taken care by the data item associated with that PO Structure as well as I would need to check if that "To Date" is a date greater than "From Date" and this second condition I would have to check before the user clicks "OK" button on the processing option.

I tried to analyse and following were my findings:

a) I checked the report R98306 which is based on the F983051 table which stored the PO values in BLOB format and for reading that,this R98306 report uses a business function "GetPOValue and Text" which takes in the input parameters as the report name ,the version name and a Cache value predetermined in the header file and then outputs the PO text value.

My concern is the PO values get written to F983051 after the user presses ok and where this cache comes into play.

I think if I would require to compare the "To Date" if it greater than the "From Date" and that too before the user clicks OK ,I would need to use temporary tables concept.

I would like to seek your advice whether my direction of analysis is correct and if anyone in the past has faced this scenario and if they could provide their inputs.

I am on ERP 9,TR 8.98

Best Regards,
Josh

If you are talking about doing validation in the PO dialog, then I don't believe this is possible. You would need to do the validation inside of the UBE when it is ran.

No, it is not possible to do validation in the PO dialog itself. You have to do it in the "initialize section" of the UBE itself.

Hi Josh,

I use a different approach to this problem. By use of if-then-else logic in event rules and parameters used messaging on the output you can control or at least notify your users what was done. I also use default values when possible.

Regards,

Wendell

Josh the Unknown,

I am not sure if this will work, but it is an idea. Use different custom DD item(s) for your PO option(s). In the DD set the edit rule for the DD item(s) to a custom bsfn. In the custom bsfn you <font color="red">MIGHT</font> be able to check the value being edited against the other values <font color="red">IF</font> they are stored somewhere accessable. However, if you use custom BFSNs in the edit rules for all DD items for all the PO options involved, in the corresponding BSFNs, you could save the values so that the other BSFN(s) could access it.

I have never attempted anything remotely like this. I do not know how you would create such a bsfn or how the value to be edited is passed. If you do attempt this, I would be VERY interested in how you go and what you do. So if you, or anyone else, does use this idea, or if anyone has already used something like this, please, PLEASE post the details and results.

Back