Record locking

ISG

We are trying to interface data from a dispensing system into Peoplesoft via webMethods. I have written an NER business function that has a number of fields parsed to it via a datastructure. The BSFN calls standard Peoplesoft Business functions to process the data as an inbound work order inventory issue to the table F3111. After these programs have run I update the User Reserved code field URCD on F3111 with a status.
When this new NER business function is called from webMethods via the Peoplesoft adaptor the F3111 record is locked when I try and perform the URCD update.
When I simulate the function by calling it from a UBE submitted within Peoplesoft to the server. I do not get record locks.
Is there some setting on the webMethods Peoplesoft adaptor that I need to amend in order to ensure the tables are closed correctly and thus to prevent record locking? Does any one out there have experience of interfacing data use the webmethods Peoplesoft adaptor?

ISG,
I remember when i was with one of XPI project in Xe. We had one problem of Sales order created directly but use to end up in error if called from XPI. I am not sure of Webmethods but E1 normally switch on Transaction Processing when it is called by external program.
Try using the Close(Table) statement in your function and then try Open before you do the Update in your function.

Let me know if this works.

Good Luck!

Back