Reconciling those Pesky bank statements

dennisr

Hi folks,

We are currently migrating to One World and I've been dealt the task of dealing with helping our accounting associates reconcile those pesky bank statements each month.

What we are looking to do is receive an electronic statement monthly from our bank (Wells Fargo) and deal with the reconciliation programmatically. Has anyone every dealt with this process in the One World environment? If so, I would appreciate some input.

Thanks,
Randy

Randy Dennis

Hi Randy,

I have done a very similar thing for Belgium, using the Belgian banking interface flat file (ISABEL CODA file), going straight into the F0916 and F0917 files using a table converter. The user then runs the P09160 Bank Statement Review/Entry and edits any entries that need any extra information. When this updates it creates the necessary A/P, A/R and G/L entries. This was a lot easier than doing a Cash Receipts interface, plus does a lot more work for the user. I am able to grab the invoice numbers from the interface file fairly efficiently, and so the auto cash allocation routine works well.

While not completely automated, it seems to work very well for our situation.

In hind sight, I would have done a few things different, technically. Put as little code into the Table Converter as possible, just pushing to a custom Z table. Then have a UBE edit the data and write to F0917/F0917. Mainly because Table COnverters are a bit flakey, and they like to throw away all your code for very silly reasons.

Cheers,
David Robertson
VisionWeb Limited

Let me know if I can help with field mappings, if you decide to go this way. Although I am going from the Belgian file into JDE, it may help to know some of the fields you need to fill in. If you know the Bank Rec. app, or have a good funtional consultant on hand, then you can probably figure it out pretty quick anyways.

Cheers
David

Hey David,

Thanks for your input. I've been having to bounce around this project for quite some time now and am finally getting to spend enough time to finish it. If you can provide me with a list of the fields that I must fill in for the F0916 and F0917 files I would appreciate it. I took your advice and wrote a JAVA app to deal with the parsing of the text file and populated my z tables accordingly. Now I'm ready to go from my z tables to the F0916 / 17 files. Any input on the fields would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks for your help.
Randy

Hi Randy ,

Umm, the piece I wrote that you replied to?? That was 14 months old. Sorry, but I really can't remember or provide a list of the exact fields anymore. It's been waaaaaay to long for my retention levels of this sort of information.

Good luck anyway. Seems your project is dragging a little :)

Back