Receipt Routing - Flash Message / Notification ?

BalloonGuy

Good Day all, I'm working with OneWorld Xe and have a question regarding use of receipt routings. My company currently does not use receipt routings, but I am researching the possibilty of using these for items we want to do receipt inspection on, and only those items. I've gone through the documentation, searched and expermented, and I've got down how to set it up, use it, and all that figured out.

The only piece I'm missing is how to notify our receiving personnel at the time of receipt that an item has the receipt routing and needs to go for inspection, as opposed to the vast majority of other products that can go directly to our warehouse. In the testing and research I've done I haven't seen any messages displayed or anything to key the receiver to notice that the item is going into the receipt routing instead of directly into inventory.

Does anyone already using these have a solution for this, or is this really only usable if you move to using receipt routings for all items across the board?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone already using these have a solution for this, or is this really only usable if you move to using receipt routings for all items across the board?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past when I was on XE, I took advantage of the R43512 Receipt Traveler which you have the option of generating when transacting the P4312 Purchase Order Receipt by setting the appropriate processing option. When you establish a Normal Route Code for the items you wish to inspect, you have the option of adding text attachments to the various operation steps in the receipt routing, like the INSP Operation Code of the Receipt Routing for example, which will print on the Inventory Receipt Register. We got quite creative with this utilizing unique Normal Route Codes and Receipt Routings to detail special steps warranted for Supplier Consigned Inventory (with or without requiring Inspection) Supplier KanBan receipts (with or without requiring Inspection) and regular supplier receipts (with or without requiring Inspection) which all had unique specific instructions on how to route the material upon transacting. And it sounds like you already know how to control which receipt routings go with which item numbers in the F43090 Supplier Items Relationships table. Those you do not want to go through inspection you can set up weher the initial receipt step goes directly into stock with no inspection required.

I hope this helps.
cool.gif

Thanks Terry. It sounds like I need to experiment with the Receipt Travelers. I'm just worried about the waste that having the receipt staff scan through 75 of them daily, to identify the 2 that need to go to inspectiong, creates. Will the Traveler generate only if a receipt routing is attached to the item?

cancel a Purchase Order

I have to cancel a PO (OneWorld XE) which was in 400/999 as last/next status. I cleared the open amount but i don't know how to reverse and cancel the receipt.

Re: cancel a Purchase Order

You will need to go to the P43214 Open Receipts and if your receipt is not vouchered you can reverse by clicking Row Exit: Reversal.

Please note: This will place a "Y" in the first column. You will then need to X Cancel screen which will prompt you to reaffirm your intent to reverse receipt.

If the receipt is vouchered, you will need to unvoucher prior to reversing.

Back