Re-printing invoices from archived sales data (F42019/F42119)

DaveBarber

i am working on invoice print R42565.
Recently data has been archived for the first time from the sales files to the sales history files. Since the data has been archived the users are no longer able to re-print invoices, seemingly because the data is not in F4211.
I always thought that the invoice print process would refer to the F42019 file in the absence of a record on the sales order header. Looking at the code in both the custom invoice and R42565 confirms this. The Detai Line 1 Section holds the following text:

// This section has (left outer) joint view between F42565 and F4201. So, evenif
// the F4201 records are purged to F42019, the records from F42565 are fetched
// and processed and the F42019 fields are fetched using the Table I/O and
// populated as if they are fetched from F4201 by the business view when the
// Order Number of F4201 is zero. SAR # 1272729

This should allow zero values on the F4201 file to be retrieved. However, this section is never executing because the SQL statement actually appears to be excluding ant records which are not matched in business view V42565A.

My question is, does anyone know of a bug in this area at all or can explain any additional functionality I have missed?
This is a new site I am on, but have never come across a problem in the past with invoice reprint with archived data.

Many thanks in advance

JDE B7333 XE on Oracle

Back