RE: Order and Basket Level Pricing

WhippingBoy

WhippingBoy

VIP Member

Can you be more specific? Do you want a basket adjustment?
What is the discount you're trying to award and what is its purpose? I
think if you describe things in more concrete terms you'd get help sooner.

Thanks,

Darren Ricciardi
OneWorld Whipping Boy

Darren Ricciardi - OneWorld Whipping Boy

Looking for work in Amsterdam THE NETHERLANDS

Diego, for some reason your posts aren't getting on the JDElist BBS. I suggest you reply to these messages there, instead of replying by email. Click on the link at the bottom of this page to reply.

So, for those who didn't see it, Diego said this. . .
What I need is to generate a kind of adjustment by item, not by basket. One
line of adjustment for each order's line.

And. .I say this. . .

I recommend reading the Advanced Pricing Manual. You're describing the basic functionality of Advanced Pricing. You can't get 4211 lines anymore because those have been obsoleted for line level adjustments (at least they were the last time I checked). You don't want those anyway, because they're too troublesome. Relying on the regular F4074 type is much more efficient and you can have those print on the invoice, so they look similar to F4211 lines anyway.

Read the manual, do the exercises, then you can reliably run your business.

Good Luck!

Looking for work in OR NEAR Amsterdam THE NETHERLANDS

If you want an adjustment at the line level, not the order level and not at
the per unit level, then you need to use "Free Goods". This is a little
known aspect of the Free Goods functionality--that it can do line level
adjustments.

Try it, and if you need more, let me know. I'm pretty sure you set up a
non-inventory item as the "free good" and assign a price to it. I've used
it for pallet charges which are at the line level.

Andy Klee

Klee Associates
J.D. Edwards Certified Professional
Phone: 970.856.4811

www.JDETips.com

Ohhh. .Andy, that's just cheating ;)

Actually, that's a good segue into the problems with 4211 adjustments. Free goods suffer from this too.

Imagine you've done this and you get that 4211 line adjustment(free good). Now realize you've made a mistake and change your sales lines. The system has difficulty locating and cancelling those lines. Think about this too, what if you wanted to override that adjustment. Cascading adjustments are calculated incorrectly because any downstream adjustments won't reflect the the proper accumulations.

So, the short version is this; the sales person has to be very careful when making changes to insure that prior adjustments are nullified when making changes. That's why the 4211 line adjustment type was obsoleted. In most cases, and I guess this is debatable, the primary purpose for the 4211 was to display on an invoice in a particular way. As far as JDE was concerned, it didn't need the headache of putting up with all the overhead and calculation troubles if all people wanted was a different display.

Throw this into kits and suddenly everything goes nuts. Roll-ups and kit balancing suddenly gets fits. So, in the end, changing displays was chosen over dealing with the intricacies of F4211 lines. It was just too easy to implement to pass up.

Looking for work in OR NEAR Amsterdam THE NETHERLANDS

Back