Re: Batch headers - Posted status changed to pending

ismith

Wow - how weird is this? I had the same problem on the same day. I tried to post this issue to the list yesterday (via e-mail), but the e-mail didn't get through. Here is my message from yesterday, which describes a very similar problem to the one jde123 discovered.

Hi All,

My configuration is:
B733.1
SP16.1
Windows NT
SQL 7.0
Logged in through Terminal Server

We seem to be having a problem with the integrity of the batches. I plan on running all integrity reports this afternoon, but in the interim, we have a problem where previously posted batches are "Opening Up."

All of the supporting documents, transaction detail, and account balances indicate that the batch remains posted, except the batch header. (Everything still reconciles -- e.g., G/L to Inventory.) However, the batch header status is now blank ("Pending").

Has anybody ever experienced a case where the batch header status of posted batches mysteriously reverts from Posted to Pending?

These are Inventory (Batch Type 'N') batches. The transactions in question are mostly II (Inventory Issues) and IR (Inventory Receipts). The fix for the symptom is to change the batch header, but the client is concerned that the problem could result in double-postings. (I have since tested, and found that double-posting is not a concern in this case, since trying to post it again results in an error.)

Ian
isp/Web e-mail: [email protected]

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
Reply-To: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:35:48 -0800 (PST)

Current Client Configuration:
OneWorld B73.3.1
Windows 2000, SQL 7
accessed via Remote Desktop (Terminal Server)

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply but yes, I have come accross this type of issue on B732.2 with other batch types. I found one of the causes was users simply viewing a transaction, without changing or adding any data.
Because this issue doesn't directly affect your data, I would suggest running a weekly RPG program which picks up all batch headers that are in a Pending status AND have posted codes in all other files hit. Have the program simply change the 'blank' Pending status to the 'D' Posted status in the batch header file, using a new user name to easily track later.

Hope this helps!

Tim

Back