RDA and Page Header Info

ssolberg

VIP Member
I would like put some stuff on my page header that I can't seem to find. In particular, is there a Business Function to fill some Alpha variables (that I create and put on the header) with the Version name and Version Detail (and/or Title)? Or a table I/O to what table? I don't want to "hard code" this information on each version with text variables.
Coming from World Software, the 3 line Version Detail that came up on the top of reports was really helpful and when a new user creates/copies a new version, we would like the info on the header to change with whatever the user changes on the version name/detail/title.

Sannan,

First thing first Welcome to the JDEList's Forum!

Second, we use to add our system configuration to our signature (see below), or, editing your profile, we could insert it there, somewhere. Therefore we avoid competent replies like: you know, I could tell you the answer but ... it depends ... ON ... YOUR SYS CONFIG! JDEdwards keeps improving their tools (RDA included), therefore things available in Xe are NOT necessarily available in B732.1, but I guess you know that already, don't you?

Third, the JDEList's Archive is a goldmine, waiting to be ... exploited, you're right! The "ERW Capture Version Name" could be of , hum, some ... interest to you.

And, finally, KG is another place where interesting things happen; one of the most complete replies, I got from Tushar: "Checkout this doc id (OFN-99-0052) in KG. It gives u info about printing version id on report header".

The short answer is: look for SL Version Name in the assignment list. You may assign it to a variable. Good luck,

Adrian Chimirel
Programmer Analyst
LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806
SANDBOX: XE SP13, 8i
RS/6000, Citrix, 200+ clients

Sannan, Adrian

Just an addition to Adrian's valuable reply.
If you create your Page Header section via "Auto Create" instead of via "Section Only" then almost all information will be on it that you wish except "Version Name".

At last but not least, Sannan, You are welcome to the Forum/List!

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Thanks for the quick replys and I will look up both the KG doc and the previous posts. Also thanks for the "welcome" although I've been posting on the list for quite a few years (World).

Oops, sorry! Please do accept my appologies!

PS. I just couldn't imagine a well experienced JDEList person could ever miss Eric's signature, at least during the last Forum year :)

Adrian Chimirel
Programmer Analyst
LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806
SANDBOX: XE SP13, 8i
RS/6000, Citrix, 200+ clients

Ok, I've got the version name and version title coming in just fine but is there anyway to retrieve the version DETAIL info. I tried doing a fetch to the F983051 assuming it might be there but it doesn't appear to live in that file. Does anyone know where it lives and "can" it be retrieved? Or am I just asking too much! We were hoping to use that info like World already has the 3 line description that prints on the top of each report (quite helpful!) The 50 char version title just isn't enough and we are still trying to avoid hard-coding titles on report versions. Thanks in advance.

I am afraid that to retrieve Version Detail is a harder job.
I suppose, it reside in a BLOB (Binary Large Object) field which has a complicated structure in one of the SPEC (TAM) tables.
Maybe somebody can instruct you how can you retrieve it.
List/Forum, let's GO!
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Sannan,

Add new RV using DD Browser, DD Item "DESC2000" or any other long string, into report header section. Use this code:

Version List Local Lookup
UNDEFINED X szVersiontitle
UNDEFINED <- cOptionalitemflag
UNDEFINED X idVersionId
UNDEFINED <- szClientserver
UNDEFINED <- jdDatelastchanged
RV Version Detail <- szDescript2000char
UNDEFINED <- cCoverPage
SL VersionName -> szVersion
RC "ReportName” -> szReport
UNDEFINED <- szJobQueue

Source module name is X983052.

Hope this helps,

Bojan.

Just to add whatever the other guys had said. There is also an business function (N4002400: F983051GetversionTitle) which can capture the version title.

Hope this can help.

Steven Lai
OW Developer
AS400 V4R4 B7332 SP9 Citrix
e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks so much for this solution, it worked great. I did find that when you drag in the big DESC2000, it is a little cumbersome to work with in the header. I found that if I shortened it up to 50 characters, it still printed just fine even though I go over 50 characters, just not on each individual line. In the Version Detail, instead of letting it wrap as you type, I just hit Enter to start a new line so in the end I may have 4 lines (none of them over 50 char's each, but total chars is way over 50) and it still prints the 4 lines just fine even with the Display setting on the field set to 50 chars. (hope that made sense....)

Back