Random (sort of) failures after SQL Server and SP23 Upgrade

JMast

Reputable Poster
All,

We recently upgraded from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 SP3. We also moved from SP23_K to SP23_ZA1. We have Win 2003 Enterprise with 12 GB RAM on the DB server.

Everything went well on the upgrade and we are seeing the expected performance gains....except in two slippery instances.

1. R42118 which allocates inventory to backordered Sales lines occasionally (1 out of 10 times a day every 3 or so days) errors on the server.

2. P4210 blows up a Sales Order when the Place Order button is clicked randomly (every other day or so).

We place 200+ orders a day, so this is a rare occurrence and you could chalk it up to the occasional JDE cache failure except it did not happen this often before the upgrade.

I have had no luck in debugging or SQL tracing an order that blows up.

I did see the attached log for one of the failed R42118.

Has anyone seen something similar after upgrading a JDE Service Pack/Tools or a database upgrade? Any tips you have on tracking this down would be great. I tried turning debug on for R42118, but the log was over 1GB which becomes useless.

I know this is not much info, but that is the slippery nature of this problem.

Thanks for your insight,

Jer

Attachments

• 157044-R42118 JDE Server Error.txt
    970 bytes · Views: 140
Hi,

Here are my suggestions :

1. Run a DBCC CHECKDB WITH ALL ERRORMSGS on all your
SQL 2005 databases. There may be some corruption there...

2. Run a hardware diagnostic tool on your server, if I
were you I'd take a close look at RAM and storage.

Sebastian,

Thank you for the ideas. I will have to look into them, but I won't be able to do anything for a week or so. This week is "first of the month" and the focus needs to be on getting the reports out and the books reconciled, so the accountants are in on the weekends. I don't know how long it will take to run DBCC with all errors, so I am going to wait for a quiet weekend.

Jer

Back