R92TAM not working under V5R4

lessardj

Well Known Member
Has anyone had problems with R92TAM since upgrading to V5R4? We did all the usual deletion of SQL packages after the upgrade, and have tried updating the client access version on the build PC. But, when building global tables, the iSeries is reporting a SQ0030 error on what looks like every record. Everything seems to build OK, but the end result is the visual assist flashlight is missing in several places in our applications, indicating a bad DDICT file perhaps. There is no pattern to where the VA shows and where not - seems random. The iSeries error follows:
SQL0030 Information 00 03/12/08 14:33:25.280584 QSQRUN2 QSYS *STMT QSQRUN2 QSYS *STMT
From user . . . . . . . . . : MPBDEV
From module . . . . . . . . : QSQFETCH
From procedure . . . . . . : CK_DEBUG
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 15431
To module . . . . . . . . . : QSQFETCH
To procedure . . . . . . . : CK_DEBUG
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 15431
Message . . . . : Number of host variables less than result values.
Cause . . . . . : The number of host variables specified in the INTO clause
is less than the number of result values. If the program is run, only the
variables specified will have values assigned to them. Recovery . . . :
If all values should be received, specify the proper number of host
variables. Precompile the program again.

We haven't seen this problem, but we didn't update our Service Pack. We stayed with SP23_I1, since we know it's stable. Testing went fine, and we've been live for a little over 2 weeks with no problems.

Just to be sure: You're running R92TAM locally, right?

Hi,

Are your Deployment and Fat workstations to the same
Client Access level as the AS/400 server is?

This isn't really an issue, or shouldn't be. Per IBM, client access for V5R3 will work just fine with V5R4. We've updated some of our fat clients, but none of our Citrix boxes, and haven't had any issues with either.

Thanks, everyone who replied. Yes, I am running R92TAM locally, but I am beginning to think this might not be the problem. I built & installed a new full PD, at tech support request, and updated the build pc's client access to V5R4. We still get the errors running R92TAM, and we still have the visual assist problem. For kicks, I installed a full PD on one of the servers and tried to let it jiti instead of using the full global tables that we normally build. (Did not let users on the server) I still have problems, so I think that eliminates the R92TAM. I am wondering if the problem stems from the deployment server somehow, and am going to check that for visual assist problems. Any other thoughts are appreciated. You don't know how much you rely on those flashlights until you don't have them!

I know it's been a while, but did you ever figure out what was causing this problem? We recently upgraded to V5R4 and I'm having an issue that sounds related. We're on 8.10, so I know it's not EOne. I'm thinking it's tied to the OS upgrade.

No. I've never deleted a SQLPKG that started with "Q". I'll give it a try.

Back