R893201S - In Parallel?

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Howdy,

Has anyone looked at ways to run R893201S (Sequential Tbl Conv. for CFG History String Master B733->B9) - In Parallel?

Current client has a 24-36 hour window to complete their Data-Conversion at Go-Live (Yes, I know - that's everyone's window)... The R893201S was running over 100 hours, and it's been chopped down to considerably less (Mostly through Archiving and latest ESU). We still need to get it down further.

It appears that the "TC" that surrounds the function is just a Dummy TC - gives the developer the ability to default in the environment variables to the function.

There doesn't seem to be a way to Data Select the inbound data to the function. This could be overcome by placing blocks of data in adjacent schemas and running the TC across the other schemas.

Bigger issues - And this is where I'm more-stuck, there doesn't appear to be a way to default in a 'Starting Value' for the Configuration ID. We would like to be able to plant an increment value as the 'starting value' for each Parallel job. I'm not a heads-down C Evangelist - so the rotor on my cap just spins wildly here...

Anyone think of a quick or simple cheat to make this happen?

(db)

Thoughts, anyone ... that has been through this?

In reviewing E1: 32: Configurator Processing (Doc ID 642459.1)

Conceptually:
- Prior to Go-Live, run the R893201S over a Subset of Prior Years data
- Increment the CFGID, via SQL, of the Prior Years data set
- At Go-Live, copy the Prior Years F32 Tables
- At Go-Live, run R893201S over a Subset of Current Year data
- Merge the Two Data Sets

Then, if I understand the document correctly:
- R893283F - will clean up the F3283 (CTKID)
- R893215F - will clean up F3215, F3211 & F41021 (CFGSID)

Does that sound like it will work? Any Gotchas that anyone sees?

(db)

Back