R42565 - Tax calculation (& total)

Mike Mackinnon

Mike Mackinnon

Well Known Member
I have a question regarding the calculation of taxes on "R42565 - Invoice Print". I have an invoice subtotal amount of $2050.00 (before taxes) with a tax charge of $307.50 and a total order amount of $2357.51. This leaves a penny difference!

When I look at the invoice, the sales total plus taxes do not equal the grand total, but when I calculate the taxes on a line by line basis I get $307.51 (3 item tax amounts: $28.13+$56.25+$223.13). How can I get these 2 figues to match? Is this a known problem or is there a method to have the invoice total match the subtotal plus taxes.

Thank you
B7333, SP14

Mike MacKinnon
- One World B733, SP 11.3
- One World Xe B7333, SP 14 Windows NT

Mike,

this specific issue is addressed by SAR 5133760.

The specific problem in this SAR is actually a general one throughout XE. There is a fundamental flaw in programs ranging from PO Receipts to Manufacturing Variance Accounting and, yes, Sales Order Invoicing.

The problem is that if you are in a CURRENCY OFF environment the system still tries to determine the number of decimal places for currency (seems reasonable). However since no currency has been defined in a currency off environment the number of decimal places is never determined. Values then do not get rounded and/or are incorrectly rounded. I believe what the system used to do was to use the Dictionary default value.

Regards,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

Thanks for the reply Larry but I haven't been able to find this SAR (5133760) on the Knowledge Garden. Are you sure this is the right number?

Mike

Mike MacKinnon

It is actually SAR 5153760. I found it searching for Currency Off.

B7332 SP16 Oracle 8.1.6 Intel/NT<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by TRathjen on 8/14/01 06:41 AM.</FONT></P>

Thanks Tim,

So there currently is no paper fix for this problem? I have looked at a few other SARs and I think that SAR 4284418 described my problem the best - multiple lines, one tax rate, rounding problem for tax rate on each line, and a penny difference between tax amount plus subtotal compared to the grand total.

I will keep the list updated on any other information I find. Thanks again.

Mike MacKinnon

Back