R42118 Split Lines

jdewii

Hi - I am experiencing lines being split on a sales order when the back order release is run r42118, although i have the processing option set not to do commitment. Is there a way to prevent this from happenning. thanks

Hi.

there is an option in the customer master to forbid partial lines

Thanks. This option will backorder the whole order. I wanted to have the quantity backorder in the backorder column and the quantity shippable in the shippable column.

Hello jdewii

Did you find a solution for your problem? we have something similar but little different. We have processing option to commit is turned on. and splitting happening little different. Here is my scenario

1) I have quantity available as 2 for an item
2) For the same item, i have an order with 4 lines with quantities as 1, 1, 5, 3
3) When i ran R42118 it committed first line of 1 quantity and second line of 1 quantity. And also it released 2 quantity of 3rd line (split the line as 3 back ordered) and 4th line also released of 2 quantity and split as 1 quantity back ordered.

Technically the first 2 lines of commitment process is correct and it should not have released 3rd and 4th line. I am not sure why the quantity availble function returning as those 2 quantity committed as availble for 3rd line and 4th line.

any guesses

appreciate your help.

thanks,

Got answer to my question 3. In R42118, End doc was called once for order and so the first 2 commitments will be updated at the end. So quantity available function doesn't know that. But technically should have been addressed in the code by subtracting committed quantity from quantity available for 3rd and 4th line in this case. Which is not.

After spending some time on the program R42118, i understand below

1) R42118 expecting one back ordered line for an item. In our case it messed up. We have too many split lines because of step 3 release.

To straighten up, We wanted to clean up our messy split lines as of today. That would help us to get back on track with multiple split lines. Keep tuned for update!

It looks different to my observation in earlier post. In one of my test, I noticed quantity available is not adjusted after it was filled for earlier back order released lines. Not sure it is a bug in the program or some setting which we are missing here.

Test Scenario -

1) Quantity available for item is 1
2) I selected 4 orders for the item which are back ordered.

Expected -

1) Only one order of 1 quantity should be released

Result -

All 4 orders are released.

Any thoughts! Appreciate your help

Attachments

• R42118_HVL0001_3640691_PDF.pdf
    36.6 KB · Views: 25
I installed DEMO 9.1 update 2 with tools 9.1.5 and ran for above scenario. It just works the same as above. I am not sure how this was not caught before :(

Attachments

• R42118_GOV0001_D150326_T112638933.pdf
    42.6 KB · Views: 11
Back