Question - Migration from Sun / Solaris to IBM pSeries / AIX

Michael L.

Well Known Member
List,

Were in the planning process of migrating from Sun/Solaris to IBM pSeries AIX 6.1 as well as SP 23_S1 to TR 24.1.3 and WAS 6.0 (standalone) on Windows to WAS 6.1 (ND) on AIX. Our source and target release of J.D. Edward’s software will remain at ERP8 for the time being.

I have couple questions I’m hoping you could answer (share your thoughts) for me?

We’ve received all our new hardware and our OS is 6100-06-03-1048. The MTR for AIX 6.1 maintenance package is 6100-00-01-0748. We are considerably higher and know that Oracle can be strict with the MTR. Is anyone running this maintenance fix pack and/or could anyone voice a concern with doing so?

Were planning on installing 11.1 for the compiler (MTR is IBM XL C for AIX versions 8.0.0, 9.0.0, 10.0.0,11.1) but have mixed feedback on how exactly the product is licensed on pSeries / AIX. We plan on installing the compiler on four LPAR’s. In case the licensing has anything at all to do with concurrent users, we have 800 but could ‘double that’ in the not to distance future.
Were also Oracle 10.2.0.4 (which is the MTR) but would like to be 10.2.0.5. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Lastly, based on our upgrade has anyone done similar on this platform and could share any issue(s) we could plan for in advance? I wasn’t able to find much on Oracle Support with reference to pSeries and/or AIX.

Thanks in advance,
Michael
Sun/Solaris, ERP8, SP23_S1, WAS 6.0 on Windows

Back