Question about seprating F986110

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
All,

I am little confused about separating F986110. In past I had it separated by servers. In 9.1 I have it configured to go to same table. This works fine. However it shows non-production jobs in production. Its little annoying. So I create couple of different tables ( F986110/11/12/13/14/14A) with different own and created a new datasource. Created OCM to point to right place.However, its not working. Basically, as if its not reading the OCM mapping as all.
Speaking to Oracle they say this is not supported. I am quite surprised as well as confused to hear that. They are trying to check in internal document on this. I thought this was a basic functionality. I know I can enable Row security on EXEhost column in F986110 to segregate this, But I would rather not go that route Has any one configured this in 9.1 .

The location is determined by the server map data source. Look at the logic data source that the job is getting submitted to and see what the Server Map Data Source that is attached to that Logic Data Source. The definition of that Server Map Data Source will determine the location of the F986110 that it will write to.

remember

the tables you're talking about are referred to by the servers .ini - which is cached prior to the OCM settings - hence that is why the OCM settings aren't been looked at.

To do this, create a full new datasource with all the tables separately, and then change the .INI file to point to that datasource.

You will have to double-maintain the OCM and datasource definitions between the non-prod datasource and the prod-datasource.

Hi Jon

Are you taking about base datasource in e.g server1 - 910 server map. What all table needs to be copied other than the one I mentioned earlier

Back