Question about changing JDE password

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
All,

We are about to upgrade in 2 weeks time from 8.10 to 9.1 Initially during the installation I kept my JDE password very simple. All the App server/ Web server/RTE and BSSV server have been using this password. I am planning to change the password to a more secured password.

I know, I need to change the password at DB level, system password within E1, all the JDE.ini and JAS.ini files all over the place.
However, I am not sure about the local OracleDB password on Deployment server. Do I need to change this . Accordingly to Oracle, I don't need to change this. I am confused because all the local planner db is stored on this database. How will E1 connect to the local server if the password is not changed. Will this even work. I run Deployment server without security server.

Any one tired this in new 9.1 .

I would appreciate your comments or suggestion on this topic

Have not tried it on 9.1 but on a 9.0 system I did change the JDE password (To match the rest of the system) on the E1local instance on the Deployment Server , in order to be able to sign on to the Planner environment and apply ESU's etc.

good question , did it a while back so I do not recollect the exact method I used. You could login as sys on E1Local and reset the password for jde.

Your question would be how would you login as sys ? There are a couple of ways described in this doc - 1527187.1

I also vaguely remember something about needing security server to be ON on the deployment server if you change your DB password for JDE , and it needs some special INI changes as described in this doc - 978844.1

Again all of this was on 9.0 and prob 8.98 TR ,so not sure how much has changed on 9.1 Apps 9.1 tools. May be they don't require the E1local password to be in sync with the DB password?

"JDE connects to the E1Local database always using the SYSTEM user and an encrypted password."

ID 1527187.1

All thanks for the response. I did managed to changed the password without changing the Local oracle DB password. so as Charles has highlighted, it worked. As a test, I applied an ESU without any problem.

Back