Queries about launching UBE

kiran g

kiran g

Well Known Member
We have requirement to trigger UBE process at enterprise server to move data from interoperability tables to individual business tables. Also after completion of process, same application should give row wise processing statistics report as a result.

I have following questions:
1. Currently we are executing the LaunchBatchApplication bsfn through XMLCallObject APIs to trigger the required process at server end. However with this approach we cannot get individual row statistics as output of XML response. User either has to use Employee work center or need to refer PrintQueue folder to get corresponding pdf reports to check row statistics, error details.

Is there any bsfn which takes as job number as input and gives me the all the required information such as how many rows were processed correctly, what are the errors occurred during processing?

2. Another way to call UBE is to use 'ube' jderequest which inputs can be generated using runubexml. But with our JDE setup, when we tried to submit ube request to enterprise serer, we get error as:
<errorReport code="22" state="3">
No available service to process this request
</errorReport>
Does anyone know about any settings required in server side jde.ini to get this working?

Looking forward for replies.
[JDE setup info:
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.12 with 8.96 toolset on win2k3 server]

kiran,
i had a project myself that i was working on that is similar to what you are doing. I launch a UBE via xml, and when the UBE finished i display the report. What i did (and this might not be the correct way but it was my first go at it) was this:
When you call the launchBatchApplication, you have to tell it what UBE and version you want to launch. Also in your return parameters the xml gives you back the job number. I concat the Report_Version_Job#_pdf together, then scan the print queue for that on completion.
like i said this is probably not the best way, im new to the interop side myself so that was my first thought on how to get the pdfs out. Im trying to work on others ways but hopefully that will help you out a little.

Thanks for replying.

Our requirement is to display the row wise statistics in our application screen in some tabular form and not in the pdf format. We are looking out for a bsfn which would take job number as input and will give out row wise statistics in xml or any format which can be processed to display in tabular format.

If this is not possible then we are open to refer the database to query tables holding job execution result along with any error details (I guess this is possible since Employee work center would also be doing the same thing for displaying error details) but we do not have any idea about which tables to refer. It would be great if someone can enlighten us on this approach as well.

My bad...i must of not read the post completely....maybe you make the UBE export to CSV and then parse through the CSV. If i think of anything, i will let you know.

What is required to use the 'LaunchBatchApplication' on the Sequel Server?

I have a situation where they want the ability to monitor for a file (in .TXT format) that is being transferred from the mainframe, and once that file is created on the JDE server, they want to automatically kick off a Table Conversion (TC) UBE to process that new inbound text file.

How do I go about using the 'LaunchBatchApplication'? Is that call using a Sequel script? And if so, do you have a sample code that I could see?

Additionally, do you, or someone else, know a way to monitor for a new file on the Sequel server so that we can kick off this request to execute the table conversion? (I recognize that this is outside of JDE, but we have no CNC person on staff that can answer this question and I'm just looking for information).

Thanks

As mentioned in my earlier post, you can use XML CallObject APIs to call bsfn ''LaunchBatchApplication'.

JDE OneWorld has provided a set of XML based APIs through which third party systems can integrate with JDE OneWorld system. These APIs require you to create XML based input request which is later on submitted to enterprise server using Java based APIs. You can refer to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Interoperability Guide which has detailed information about configuration required, request format, sample code snippet that you can use.

Once you are succeed with using these XML based APIs, may be you can write a small java based application which on invoking will monitor for required input file, and once input file is created may call required UBE through 'LaunchBatchApplication' in java code to trigger TC program. I am not sure if this will meet your requirement completely but thought it will give you some pointers on triggering bsfn through CallObject APIs.

Back