• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Purchase Order Quantities

ssrini11

Hi List,
I need your suggestions on the following situation:

1. A Purchase Order is raised for an item for a Quantity say 100.
2. The order is approved.
3. Now I need to reduce the quantity of the item from 100 to 75 after the PO has been sent to the supplier.

A : How do I reduce the quantity on the PO. Should I just use the revision and edit the line detail? (This is not a favorable solution as I wish to lock the PO Details once it reaches the approved status (280).) Does 'Change Order' allow you to reduce quantities ? Inputting a negative quantity (-25) in a new line for the same item in a change Order appears to be doing the job - but I am not sure if that is the preferred method.

B : Can the System generate an 'Amendment PO' to be sent to the supplier notifying them of the reduction in quantity or will that have to a custom report?

thanks in advance

Shashank
XE 14.1/NT/Oracle 8.1.5

Mike Dupaix

VIP Member
Shashank,

Look at your processing options for order entry. If change management is turned on, it will create a change order that you can print and send to your supplier. The order number will be the same, but will have a '-001' after it indicating a revision.

You should call your supplier so they are aware of the change and the follow up by faxing or mailing the change order.

I need your suggestions on the following situation:

1. A Purchase Order is raised for an item for a Quantity say 100.
2. The order is approved.
3. Now I need to reduce the quantity of the item from 100 to 75 after the PO has been sent to the supplier.

A : How do I reduce the quantity on the PO. Should I just use the revision and edit the line detail? (This is not a favorable solution as I wish to lock the PO Details once it reaches the approved status (280).) Does 'Change Order' allow you to reduce quantities ? Inputting a negative quantity (-25) in a new line for the same item in a change Order appears to be doing the job - but I am not sure if that is the preferred method.

B : Can the System generate an 'Amendment PO' to be sent to the supplier notifying them of the reduction in quantity or will that have to a custom report?

thanks in advance

Shashank
XE 14.1/NT/Oracle 8.1.5

--------------------------

ssrini11

Re: re: Purchase Order Quantities

You are right. My problem comes only when I want to reduce the quantity. Change orders are good to make additions. One of the options is to add a new line with the new quantity desired and cancel out the original line. But I have locked out the users from changing the PO once approved.

thanks
Shashank