Prompt fpr an external data selection

visw

Hi All,

Is there any BSFN / way for prompting external data selection for a report which is calling from an application in server ( Web - JDE E1 9.0)

Thanks
Viswa

visw,

Can you explain what you are trying to do, in a different way? I'm not tracking what your goal is.

(db)

Hi Bohner,

We are trying to call a report from an application in web server, for that report external data selection has to prompted before submitting that job.

we have system function Launch UBE which will do that, but i need to pass Report interconnect values as well...

Thanks

visw,

There is always a trick.... The old-fashion work around, at least until someone else steps in...

Create a form that contains all the values you want to pass into the UBE. Populate those values into the RI(s) of the UBE, overwriting the values of any existing processing options (in the Initialization of the UBE - if RI Value NE <blank> PO Value = RI Value)

Call the form (that submits the UBE) instead of calling the UBE directly.

Will that work for you?

(db)

If you plan to call UBE directly then you will have to design a C function which will set the RI first and then launch the UBE. There is also C function available to do this.

Chan

visw,

Granted, as Chan points out, it doesn't give you 'actual' Data Selection. However, you can pre-configure a great deal of Data Selection - based on Processing Options and such.

(db)

Hi Chan,

Just wanted to know, Is that BSFN is X983052 (C BSFN) or any other thing.

Thanks
Viswa

Hi Bohner,

As you told, we thought of doing in the same way...

But the BSFN B9090001 is Client only BSFN to set processing option values...(But we need Client / Server BSFN)

Can u suggest any other BSFN / Logic to set the PO values ?

Thanks
Viswa

If you can look through the logic that runs Batch Versions - you could Capture the the JDE/Oracle logic on how they do it. However, that could be a very time-consuming process (I've never tried).

If for a specific report - my earlier recommendation still stands.
- Create a form with all the Processing Options and/or Data Selection 'changes' you might want to propagate into your report.
- Pass those values into the UBE as Report Interconnects.
- For Processing Options, if RI Value is not Blank, put the RI Value into the PO Value
- For Data Selection, mimic DS using the Internal Data Selection System Functions (Yes, PAINFUL).

(db)

Back