Promised Ship Date in EDI Processing

JMast

Reputable Poster
All,

We have a customer that previously was sending request dates and is now switching to sending a range of ship dates. I need to change the EDI processor R47002C from populating the Request Date in F47011/F47012 to populating Promised Ship Date before the R47011 creates the SO.

When I populate the Order, Cancel and Promised Ship (PPDJ) on F47011/F47012, I am getting Sales Orders with my PPDJ value being placed into Promised Delivery (RSDJ) on F4211. This causes Transportation to calculate the other dates using my date as delivery not shipped.

Has anyone seen this issue or have any ideas what to look for or change to make the system drive off of PPDJ in R47011?

Thank you for your ideas,

Jer

In R47011 this scenario is working fine in later versions (Version 812 | Toolset 8.98.4.1).There is a SAR: 5702440 for this scenairo in MOS.You can refer to that. And i believe you are using Delivery Date Preference.

Thank you for the SAR. I will look at that. However, I discovered something that leads me to believe it is a setup issue.

Today, I decided to run a test putting yesterday in the EDI/F47012 Promised Delivery/RSDJ thinking maybe forcing it to be invalid will help. It didn't. However, I took the exact same POs and same dates and ran them into PY. The dates calculated correctly, including RSDJ.

So, this leads me to believe it is a setup issue between PY and PD.

Can anyone please provide tips on where to look for setup/data issues that would cause this kind of situation? I am not strong on Transportation and will need to research.

Thanks for the help,

Jer

Back